• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No pandora on straight talk?

I just discovered this and of course did not even notice anything about it when I ordered my phone and sim. Is this true? No video or audio streaming at all? No youtube?? :confused: Has anyone been able to use either of these on a straight talk phone?

I have a ST Samsung Proclaim and listen to Pandora quite frequently... Cheers..:).

I too have straighttalk android. I use pandora everyday. And watch youtube vids when ever I want. Why does your phone not do this? Maybe you don't have a strong enough connection.

I too have straighttalk android. I use pandora everyday. And watch youtube vids when ever I want. Why does your phone not do this? Maybe you don't have a strong enough connection.
My phone does do it. But the Straight Talk terms of service say we aren't allowed to stream music-which is what Pandora is. Doesn't matter anymore though-we have since bought a new vehicle that lets me plug my ipod touch in directly, and control the music from the car's stereo. So I just use that.

I've used Pandora and Youtube on my Straight talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent. I can still get them with a WiFi connection even though my phone is no longer active on StrTalk.

No video or audio streaming at all? No youtube??

If you stream lots of video this is in their TOS:http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/por...th:/straighttalk/footer/terms and conditions#
"Plan MAY NOT be used for certain unauthorized uses that adversely impact our service. Examples of unauthorized uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous uninterrupted mobile to mobile or mobile to landline voice calls; (ii) automated text or picture messaging to another mobile device or e-mail address; (iii) uploading, downloading or streaming of uninterrupted continuous video;"

Someone should file a lawsuit against ST. It's BS that they say "unlimited" data when you only get 2GBS

There is a lawsuit right now against Straight Talk over their "unlimited" data. They have been slowing and cutting off people.

Back
Top Bottom