• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No ringtone sounds on incoming phone calls

Inzera

Can anyone help me re no ringtones sounding on incoming phone calls. I have a Motorola E6 and have tried and checked all the obvious things like:-
1. Do not disturb
2. Airplane mode
3. Bluetooth
4. Replacing ringtone with another one
5. Checked all the volume sliders on Sound settings etc.
6. I even replaced my Phone Dialling app (called Should I answer) with another app but makes no difference

When I tried a test call from my landline phone, the Android just pings once as a notification so the call is obviously reaching the mobile !

I don't really want to do a factory reset as I worry about losing all data.....would I have to reinstall all apps after a factory reset ???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Barry

Last edited:
Can anyone help me re no ringtones sounding on incoming phone calls. I have a Motorola E6 and have tried and checked all the obvious things like:-
1. Do not disturb
2. Airplane mode
3. Bluetooth
4. Replacing ringtone with another one
5. Checked all the volume sliders on Sound settings etc.
6. I even replaced my Phone Dialling app (called Should I answer) with another app but makes no difference

When I tried a test call from my landline phone, the Android just pings once as a notification so the call is obviously reaching the mobile !

I don't really want to do a factory reset as I worry about losing all data.....would I have to reinstall all apps after a factory reset ???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Barry
well your phone came out in 2019.....so i think you might want to consider doing a hard reset. you can use moto's Rescue and Smart Assistant app to backup your essential data. Backup & Restore feature in Rescue & Smart Assistant| Motorola Support US. keep in mind that it only backs up personal Contacts, Pictures, Music and Videos. however, app data does not get backed up.

i would try just rebooting the phone as suggested by @steiny180 first, before doing the reset.

I should add that if someone contacts me on a whatsapp call or video then I get the whatsapp ringtone ok. I've rebooted a million times but when I dial my mobile number from another phone I do get a short notification sound (so obviously the call has got through) but no ringing. I'm doing everything I can find before drastic factory reset.

Also, in case it's my phone dialler app, how do I revert to the Android built-in dialler ??

Last edited:
I used my tablet to eventually get into google account. To be honest I've tried so many things since this morning that I'm not sure which attempt cracked it !!
I've now spemt 7 hours today slowly getting my apps downloaded and changing a million settings which obviously were lost with the reset I did.
Thanx for replying

Back