• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No service problem

pbf98

Android Expert
I bought my sister this phone 5 moths ago and its been working great, but yesterday as she went into a town with no service the service went away and has still not come back. I had her take the battery out for 10 minutes after just powering it off did not do anything, then we went to eat somewhere and I had her take it out for the amount of time we were out and still nothing.

This morning after having been charging all night says its January 5th 5:10 PM (though right now it is 7/29 10:34 AM

I have seen a similar thing with my iPod touch when that dies, it sets the date and time to Dec 31st 1969 12:01 .. and then it can't do anything unless you fix the date and time.

Could this be whats causing the problem? if so how would I fix it since there is no setting for the date and time other than the format, or does anyone know what else could be causing this?

Thank you

I've been having a similar problem. By my local college, the signal just goes on and off, on and off. I put it in airplane mode for a half minute then out again, works for a minuteish then cuts out again!

Back
Top Bottom