• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No sound during calls

Em8

Lurker
Dec 2, 2017
Hi, I have a Moto G phone and suddenly there's no sound during calls. The speaker works fine with everything else because the phone rings like usual and there's notification sounds and everything. The call mic also works because the caller can hear what I'm saying, I just can't hear them. I tried using the hands-free option but still doesn't work. The only thing that works is if I plug in the headphones. The phone has 2 sim cards and they both have this problem. I also tried downloading an app called SoundAbout but it still doesn't work. The android version is 6.0. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Hi, I have a Moto G phone and suddenly there's no sound during calls. The speaker works fine with everything else because the phone rings like usual and there's notification sounds and everything. The call mic also works because the caller can hear what I'm saying, I just can't hear them. I tried using the hands-free option but still doesn't work. The only thing that works is if I plug in the headphones. The phone has 2 sim cards and they both have this problem. I also tried downloading an app called SoundAbout but it still doesn't work. The android version is 6.0. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.
This is happening with my Galaxy Note 8 after a recent update. I can' hear any calls at all. I have to plug in a headset to make calls but even that is degraded. My carrier has graciously replaced it. Should arrive monday

Upvote 0
I have a 2nd gen Motorola Moto G. For the past few weeks, I noticed that I couldn't hear the other party when I phoned or received calls. Strangely, no problem with Whatsapp calls though. I just saw this youtube video and gave it a try and it works!! Make sure after you've changed the settings as suggested, you power off the phone and back on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones