• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Superuser app in app drawer

broncobilly

Jul 25, 2011
Hi guys,
So a bit of a weird thing happened. I am rooted. And running Candy rom on my Lgg3. When I installed the rom Superuser did not show up in my app drawer. But I did varify that I am rooted by using a root checker app. And any app that I need to be rooted I get the permission pop up screen. When I check in the playstore it shows Superuser as being installed. But still it is not in my app drawer. Does that matter? or if I was to delete it and then reinstall it would that affect anything? If everything is working fine I am thinking that it does not matter if my app does not show up in the app drawer but I am not sure. Anyone know? Thanks guys.

Are you looking for SuperUser or SuperSU? (SuperSU is the more recent/current version of the 2nd part of the traditional rooting pair of the su binary and the SuperUser/SuperSU pair).

Either way, I'm wondering if the app is actually installed in the /system partition as a system app since you're running a custom ROM and likely may not show up in the app drawer like other apps (not %100 sure, though).

If you are rooted, then there must be one of these apps installed for root to work.

Also, could it be that you're running a custom launcher with that app hidden (or the custom ROM allows you to do the same)?

Failing confirmation of the above, you could always use and adb shell or run the Android Terminal Emulator and use the find utility (or busybox find) to locate where and which of those apps are actually installed:

ScaryAlien@LV-426 ~
$ adb shell
shell@hammerhead:/ $ su
root@hammerhead:/ # find /data /system -name '*eu.chainfire.supersu*' 2> /dev/null
/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu
/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu/shared_prefs/eu.chainfire.supersu_preferences.xml
/data/app/eu.chainfire.supersu-1
/data/dalvik-cache/profiles/eu.chainfire.supersu
/data/dalvik-cache/arm/data@app@eu.chainfire.supersu-1@base.apk@classes.dex

root@hammerhead:/ #
root@hammerhead:/ # find /data /system -name '*com.noshufou.android.su*' 2> /dev/null
root@hammerhead:/ #

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Are you looking for SuperUser or SuperSU? (SuperSU is the more recent/current version of the 2nd part of the traditional rooting pair of the su binary and the SuperUser/SuperSU pair).

Either way, I'm wondering if the app is actually installed in the /system partition as a system app since you're running a custom ROM and likely may not show up in the app drawer like other apps (not %100 sure, though).

If you are rooted, then there must be one of these apps installed for root to work.

Also, could it be that you're running a custom launcher with that app hidden (or the custom ROM allows you to do the same)?

Failing confirmation of the above, you could always use and adb shell or run the Android Terminal Emulator and use the find utility (or busybox find) to locate where and which of those apps are actually installed:

Cheers!
I was looking for SuperSU. Sorry, I guess there is a difference. Anyways thanks for your help. I found it. Some how I accidentally hid that app from the app drawer

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones