• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Throttling?

Up until this Christmas I owned an Optimus Slider. When I went to my VM account and clicked on Data and Web history it would show how many MB I downloaded this payment cycle and would say at the bottom that at 2.5GB I may be throttled, or something like that.

Ever since I upgraded to the 3D, I've no longer had any notice. Actually, all it shows is this:

HA0LGyi.png

I think I've used around 4GB of 3G this month, and I'm still rocking 2000kbps on 3G. Is this a bug or did Virgin change something?

At this current point in time Virgin seems unable to track our data. Because its on a sort of hybrid network. Almost half sprint. Half virgin. Notice when people call your voicemail. It says the " Sprint" Customer is not available. I'm sure they are working on a way to track it . but st the moment. They just don't seem to have the ability. Or they would. Believe me

They've already announced on their Facebook page that throttling will begin on 4G during the first quarter of the year, you should have received a text announcing it in a round about way a couple of months ago. :rolleyes:
OB

They've already announced on their Facebook page that throttling will begin on 4G during the first quarter of the year, you should have received a text announcing it in a round about way a couple of months ago. :rolleyes:
OB

How does throttling work? Are you automatically throttled once you pass a threshold, or are you throttled only if there is a need to throttle you? They way they phrase it, it seems that you "may" be throttled. This implies to me that they throttle only if you're connected to a congested network.

Let's say it's 2am, and only a handful of people are using up data in your area. Are you throttled automatically, or only as the need arises?

The way that it's worked in the past before 4G was that you would receive a text at 80% and another at 2.5Gb and then you will be throttled to 384kb until your new cycle begins. :rolleyes:
OB

Oh really? I've had my phone since August and not once have I gotten a text or notice. I'm a heavy, heavy downloader and never have I received a notice.

Back
Top Bottom