• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Noob Reverb rooting question

j2rock

Lurker
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the probably stupid question, but I have only had my Reverb a short time, and my only rooting experience is with a VM Chaser that was rooted with Poot...

I got my Reverb and it immediately took the OTA update to 4.1.2 as soon as I powered it on and linked it to a Google account, so I have a 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Reverb.

I have read that there are different methods for rooting JB vs ICS, and now I think I just saw something about difficulties rooting a "reissued Reverb" or something like that in one of the stickies... How can I tell if I have one of these later "re-issue" models? What steps do I need to do differently for those if I DO have one?

Can anyone tell me which method will work with my phone and OS version, while minimizing the chance of bricking my phone?

Thanks!

-Rock

The "reissued" ones come with a different screen and can't run ICS... But these issues are fixed with mrg666's CWM and my TWRP so if you were on ICS you have the original and have nothing to worry about

Back
Top Bottom