• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root noob rooter

vortex86

Lurker
rooted my phone with gingerbreak 1.2 and everything is ok. now i have to problems. 1- su binary outdated. when i tapped it to update says failed to find current installed su binary. updated cannot continue. 2- next thing is i wanna back up my phone or recovery. i downloaded a recovery manager but it is just a manager i guess. and i seen post on this forum that tells me everything to do it but im alittle illiterate with this and cant understand it. says to copy blahblahblah(cantremember).img to sd's root? cant figure any of this out. lol i feel like an idiot bc im really computer literate and this is wierd. please help maybe with a step by step directions or something. Thanks so much! ADB? havent used it or downloaded it either.

alright getting somewhere. got adb setup on my comp now. double checked it out thru cmd prmpt and got the serial number so i know i got it hooked up right. but now i dont know what to do with it lmao. also i havent done anything about the su binary problem but i havent seen it pop up anymore. now i just need to back up my phone so i can start deleting bloatware.

That looks like directions for another phone. Getting out of it the problem will probably be harder than doing what you originally wanted unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom