• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nook color for Xmas!

reppard

Android Enthusiast
Like someone else on the forum mu inlaws got me a nook color this year. This thing is awesome. I've got it rooted. I repartitioned the internal memory to give me more of that 8gigs of storage. I am currently running miui 1.11.something overclocked to 1.2 ghz. The only problem I've had is market force closing. If I uninstall the update I can grab an app but it keeps updating itself. Anyone know of a work around?

Congrats. Does this mean we might see some development on it from you? Hehe.

I know its not quite the answer you are looking for, but I think you should just run cyanogen. No market issues with the latest stable rom.

Congrats. Does this mean we might see some development on it from you? Hehe.

I know its not quite the answer you are looking for, but I think you should just run cyanogen. No market issues with the latest stable rom.

Haha, I just might have to start a little Dev. I'll surely compile my own kernel. This device seems to get alot of dev attention so I don't know what I can offer that it doesn't already have....maybe a better Honeycomb rom. Since the source isn't availible it would have to be a dirty port..which was how I originally got GB on the Optimus M.

As for miui vs. cyanogenmod on the Nook, I absolutely love Cmod. I ported it both dirty and from source for the Optimus M. I will always love their work. That being said, Miui is just beautiful on the NC. I hate the fact that it isn't open source but I do love the look and the theme selection.

I did however fix this problem for anyone else out there having trouble you can do this. Turn wifi off, uninstall the market update and with root explorer or absolute system go to /system/app/MarketUpdate.apk and change the permissions of this file to have none. Thats it. Market is back up and running with now problems.

Or rename marketupdater.apk to marketupdater.bak (or anything else)

IMO MIUI sucks when you have to use button savior or softkeys. I neverunder stood that. It's built from CM7 which has tablet tweaks (tablet keys), but for some reason it gets removed. At least the HP Touchpad version of MIUI's dev is trying to re-add them.

I love it on my DroidX tho (which has hardware buttons).

Back
Top Bottom