• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not having things close when screen locks?

harvickchick

Android Enthusiast
I find it soooo annoying to have to go back into whatever I was doing whenever the lock screen thing comes on when your backlight times out. Is there a setting for this that you can change?? It's really annoying when I'm playing games or looking something up online. I'd like to have whatever I had open just stay open. Is this possible?

I'm a bit confused by the post. Whatever was active before the screen timeout should be active when you come back. Is this different on your phone? I believe some launchers have settings that force to the home screen when the power button is pressed. Or are you looking to change the timeout interval ( menu > settings > display > screen timeout)? Extending the timeout will negatively affect battery life. I don't know of any program that will alter the timeout on a app to app basis.

I'm a bit confused by the post. Whatever was active before the screen timeout should be active when you come back. Is this different on your phone? I believe some launchers have settings that force to the home screen when the power button is pressed. Or are you looking to change the timeout interval ( menu > settings > display > screen timeout)? Extending the timeout will negatively affect battery life. I don't know of any program that will alter the timeout on a app to app basis.

Yours stays open? Like if you have a browser or game open, then you get up to do something and then come back and your screen has locked, when you unlock what you had open will still be there?
That's what I want mine to do. I'm sick of having to go back into whatever i'm doing...:(

I experience apps closing/minimizing when the screen times out as well. I think Android automatically closes these to save battery while in sleep mode. To combat this I set my screen timeout to 1 minute and manually turn it off when I'm done using the app.

That's a good idea. I guess upping the timeout time would help a little bit :)

Yours stays open? Like if you have a browser or game open, then you get up to do something and then come back and your screen has locked, when you unlock what you had open will still be there?
That's what I want mine to do. I'm sick of having to go back into whatever i'm doing...:(

I'm using an Evo and yes, apps stay open when returning from sleep. It's that way for my wifes Epic too. Both the Evo and Epic have dedicated power buttons. I recall that the Moment (and Intercept?) use the "end" key for power on. That might be the reason you're back to the launcher screen when you wake the phone. Spare Parts used to adjust the power button function, but I think that was for 1.5 only. I don't know if there's a solution for this, but good luck finding one!

I did a factory reset, and now it doesn't do it. Freakin' weird!
I also upped my backlight time to 2 minutes 'cause battery life isn't a big concern for me. Now when I'm in the middle of playing droidwords (which is a great game by the way lol) and i get up and do something, when I come back, even if the backlight is out, I don't have to go allll the way back into the game.
No idea why it was happening before. Weird!

I had the same problem that started after I installed various apps. I suspected it was the app killer app and sure enough when i closed the app killer it fixed the problem. Now my apps remain open when I wake the phone.

Back
Top Bottom