• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*NOT* Liking new Camera Controls in 2.1!!

astrobill

Dec 15, 2009
All:

WHAT the heck did they do with the camera controls in the 2.1 update for the Hero?? Issues....

- Camera starts with oddly "squished" version of white camera icon on screen with wrong aspect ratio of icon

- On-screen camera controls are now ALWAYS oriented for phone to be in landscape orientation. Seriously, Sprint??? Seriously? lol

- Trackball scrolling to zoom camera no longer works...must first press the new +/- button and THEN must use the new on-screen scroll bar? WTF???? Many more steps to scroll...I loved the trackball scrolling we had before....

- Can no longer toggle quickly between video and frame mode with the toggle button....MUST now open settings tab on screen and select toggle.

Basically, it now takes many more screen presses to do basic stuff with the camera, and the controls are NEVER oriented for when one wants to take a photo with the phone held portrait-like.

I can't believe this....

R,
Astro

1273636588641.gif

It sucks!
I kinda like being updated now, but as always I miss other things. I like the update more than stock 1.5 though, for sure.

Upvote 0
All:

WHAT the heck did they do with the camera controls in the 2.1 update for the Hero?? Issues....

- Camera starts with oddly "squished" version of white camera icon on screen with wrong aspect ratio of icon

- On-screen camera controls are now ALWAYS oriented for phone to be in landscape orientation. Seriously, Sprint??? Seriously? lol

- Trackball scrolling to zoom camera no longer works...must first press the new +/- button and THEN must use the new on-screen scroll bar? WTF???? Many more steps to scroll...I loved the trackball scrolling we had before....

- Can no longer toggle quickly between video and frame mode with the toggle button....MUST now open settings tab on screen and select toggle.

Basically, it now takes many more screen presses to do basic stuff with the camera, and the controls are NEVER oriented for when one wants to take a photo with the phone held portrait-like.

I can't believe this....

R,
Astro

Don't blame Sprint, they didn't make the update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones