• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not receiving calls- can send

dibblebill

Android Expert
So there's plenty of htreads here, and other places, about phones that can't receive calls, but can't receive calls. Additionally, texting frequently fails to send and I have to re-send.

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...lls-texts-cant-send-texts-can-send-calls.html

THis doesn't help as we can't even get a damn custom recovery and factory reset won't work since I did a stupid and removed the initial setup APK.

Others don't help because I don't have LTE to disable. I don't have call forwarding at all (Virgin USA doesn't support it).

Anybody else have this issue/know how to fix it?

I had that where it wouldn't receive calls from other networks, only from Virgin Mobile / Sprint. Very strange (even land lines couldn't get through). It took Virgin about 10 phone calls and several upgrades in customer support before someone decided to deactivate and then reactivate my phone number / account and that finally worked. It had something to do with the service upgrades and I was on a call when someone flipped a switch on one of their tower changeovers or ???? Not much of an explanation and was unable to receive calls for a couple weeks, really sucked! I think that was around the end of 2012 or so. We had a total outage here that day it went out as well.

It may be something like that but not really sure?

Hope that might help?

I had that where it wouldn't receive calls from other networks, only from Virgin Mobile / Sprint. Very strange (even land lines couldn't get through). It took Virgin about 10 phone calls and several upgrades in customer support before someone decided to deactivate and then reactivate my phone number / account and that finally worked. It had something to do with the service upgrades and I was on a call when someone flipped a switch on one of their tower changeovers or ???? Not much of an explanation and was unable to receive calls for a couple weeks, really sucked! I think that was around the end of 2012 or so. We had a total outage here that day it went out as well.

It may be something like that but not really sure?

Hope that might help?

Mine won't even get calls from other Virgin phones (har har).

@Frisco- will download and try

Uploading something in a bit so you can get your phone up and working again.Taking a while though will edit into initial post whenever its done

Here is a stock dump of system files: http://db.tt/uDf4ZQmw

Reg install will not work unless you do the following:

1)Use any form of root browser,find desired apk,copy and paste to system/app,change per to rw-r-r,save and reboot

Sounds simple but check your phone settings for reject calls: (menus are a bit different from device to device, but something like) bring up the phone app as if you're going to make a call > menu > call settings > call restriction > auto reject mode (on or off) and auto reject list > unknown number (check box should be unchecked in most cases).

I had that exact issue happen too me also from what I thought was a build prop. 3g tweak but I had a original backup of my buildprop b4 the tweak in the same folder as build prop is in called buildprop.old I copied the old buildprop as text from esexploeror & erased all that was in my real buildprop & posted the text from buildprop.old into the buildprop, not being very talented with android but learning then saved it & took the risk & rebooted & to my luck everything worked great again, then used opensignal from the playstore too check my towers location & my. Data strength & voice strength were good but it also gives you the option too refresh your tower your connected too

None of the above worked for whatever reason. My brother's brand-new, stock Kyocera Rise is already exhibiting similar symptoms. That, and develpment on thep hone, have prompted me to move on.

None of the above worked for whatever reason

VM themselves is browsing the forms to counter any exploits.For one prior me even joining this site and saying how to root without what was already initial(binary) Event did not exist.After posting how(Poot) it was released and another member tried equivalent(Event) only to have their baseband changed and data lost given Rise and Event are same phones just one lacks qwerty.On one of my other Rises it OTAed by itself and deleted everything had to restore manually through years of ex a regular person would have been in trouble since I only had settings to work with no pc.To deter forementioned on my current I deleted the update

Well, it has nothing to do with rooting or exploits. My brother's phone was just opened two days before he also experienced these symptoms, and they matched mine. His phone had no root or anything, just stock apps. Additionally, these symptoms (especially the text messages) have been gradually increasing in frequency and severity until this last week

Go to the market and download something called Calls Blacklist.Inside settings block all incoming sms go back into market and download any form of sms alternative.What this does is give the false impression to block all incoming initially yet since forementioned is stand alone they still come through(HandCent is an example)

Back
Top Bottom