• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

not using screen protector?

kofman13

just got my replacement MT which of course does not have a screen protector. its SO SMOOTH and SO MUCH MORE RESPONSIVE than my other MT was with a screen protector ( which i bought and used from day 1). has anyone out there used an MT for a while without a protector? any bad scratches?

IF this phone has gorilla glass I'm surprised. My screen has a scratch. It's small and not quite noticeable but it's definitely there. X_x

I took off the screen protector because it made it slow and unresponsive. Plus it made the display look slightly dull.

Gorilla Glass doesn't mean scratch proof just scratch resistant. That said I've had my Triumph about a month and no screen protector on it the whole time. No scratches yet. Just make sure if you keep it in your pocket that it is the only thing in your pocket. That and only use a micro fiber cloth to clean it.

Just got the Triumph last week and took off the extra screen protector from the factory, it was thicker then I thought it would be. I had the Optimus V before and never used a case or screen protector, keeping it in my pocket with keys or change with no problems. I can understand why people are cautious though.

Update: Not sure if there is a residue left on the screen or what it is, without the screen protector the glass really grips my fingers and is a lot more sensitive to any moisture.

I've tried skinomi before on my tablet, maybe I'll have to try it out on my Triumph.

Back
Top Bottom