• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 2014 and Data Projector

melius777

Lurker
I have a new Samsung Note 10.1 (2014) tablet, Android 4.3, supporting MHL. I have also purchased a LKV-555 device. This connects the tablet through its micro USB port to the VGA socket of a data projector, therefore you can use the tablet as a PowerPoint presentation device.

However, *it does not work. The data projector keeps on looking for a signal, as if nothing is connected. Somebody help please!! Melius

This may have something to do with the fact that Samsung uses an 11 pin rather than 5 pin MHL socket. The LKV-555 is supposed to work without drivers or even OS support so if it doesn't, it's likely to be a hardware issue, which doesn't suggest your chances of getting this working are that good.

This may have something to do with the fact that Samsung uses an 11 pin rather than 5 pin MHL socket. The LKV-555 is supposed to work without drivers or even OS support so if it doesn't, it's likely to be a hardware issue, which doesn't suggest your chances of getting this working are that good.
Hallelujah! Youve certainly put me on the right track... To connect an MHL device (basically just about any modern Android phone or tablet) to a data projector via its VGA plug, you need an LKV555 device (or similar) PLUS A LITTLE CONVERTER BOX!!! Its a very tiny black box, costs next to nothing, it has 1x male and 1x female micro USB socket, and inside it just converts 11 pins to 5 pins. My Samsung Note now speaks to any data projector! Melius Weideman

Can you let me know specifically what you ordered? I would love to be able to show presentations with my tablet as well. I have had little luck so far. Thanks!

Can you let me know specifically what you ordered? I would love to be able to show presentations with my tablet as well. I have had little luck so far. Thanks!
Send me your email address then I will send you pics and part numbers of the 2x devices which have solved my problem. melius .at. gmail .dot. com

Back
Top Bottom