• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 7 Delivers Embarrassing Real-World Performance

Saw this on the /r/Android sub-reddit and couldn't really understand the angst. None of what I saw in that video was a showstopper to me and quite honestly, the video is a single person's anecdotal experience. In my usage to date (since 8/18), the phone has been nothing less than a phenomenal upgrade over my Oneplus One. For my purposes, the experience has been consistent and fluid - everything just works.

I have the AT&T SD820 variant.

I saw this one the other Android forum and frankly, I'm not sure how comparing app opening speed within two different OSes is an indication of speed for either phone. I swear, the internet has made everyone into a qualified reviewer of all things.

I've been very happy with my Note 7 so far, but this article says the Note 7 delivers embarrassing real-world performance.

I think "Embarassing" is actually a little harsh. My feeling is that, it would only be "embarassing" if the performance was worse than a non-flagship device with a lesser processor and cpu. While it may not do as well as other flagships in real world performance, it still performs to flagship speed as compared to budget android phones or even years past devices. Ultimately, it's the job of the "experts" and "writers" to provide objective critiques on products, so that general consumers can be informed. Sometimes, though, their choice of words actually does seem to look more like their bias against certain flagships vs. giving general consumers the opportunity to decide for themselves. It's much like live interviewers who clearly are trying to steer the person they're interviewing, into answering a question that could cause controversy or insight a news issue that wouldn't have existed otherwise.

Now, that said, I do get their point when it comes to Samsung's UI (whatever name they're going with now). After having the Mate 8 as my primary device for a good amount of time now, despite EMUI being being a ridiculously ugly interface (Still so thankful for Novalauncher Prime), it does respond better in certain scenarios than my Note7. Is it enough for me to say that the Note7 is "embarassing" in performance?...Absolutely not. Could Samsung do things on the software side that would make their devices perform even smoother, or just as smooth as other flagships...Absolutely.

A lot of sites being very harsh about the Note 7. To a certain extent, it kinda makes me a little happy. While they bitch, moan, and nitpick about the device, maybe that'll lower the price sooner and allow me to pick up an unlocked GSM version for cheap and then jump out of my T-Mobile branded one, for a different device to use as a non-primary device. Reviews have never affected my feeling towards a device, but the fact that the HTC 10 garnered a higher place on the Phandroid list, just shows me that all reviews have slight bias towards certain aspects of a phone.

Back
Top Bottom