• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

note 7 possible recall? (repost sorry didn't see the earlier one)

Good thing, too: I'm running kinda low!
(IMG)

:D

it appears a lot of people are going to roll over and take whatever puddin' is given to them

Facebook-e33848.png

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't understand how limiting a faulty battery to 60% charge will stop it from shorting anode-to-cathode. The failure should be able to happen at any level of charge. So now what's the story? That only fully charged Note 7s are exploding?

From a few of the articles I've read today, they've said that yes, this helps (apparently). They also reckon limiting charge will encourage those who think they're safe to exchange for a genuine safe one.

Upvote 0
Well, now there are reports that Samsung is officially in a world of hurt. The phone that exploded in the 6-year-old's hands in Brooklyn wasn't a Note 7... it was a Core Prime. And now an S7 has exploded in a UK cafe, and it wasn't charging. If this becomes company-wide and not just model-specific, I'm not sure Samsung Mobile will survive it. Samsung as a conglomerate might, but the mobile division is about to take catastrophic losses.

Upvote 0
Well, now there are reports that Samsung is officially in a world of hurt. The phone that exploded in the 6-year-old's hands in Brooklyn wasn't a Note 7... it was a Core Prime. And now an S7 has exploded in a UK cafe, and it wasn't charging. If this becomes company-wide and not just model-specific, I'm not sure Samsung Mobile will survive it. Samsung as a conglomerate might, but the mobile division is about to take catastrophic losses.

Yup. Samsung had had situations in the past, where it was (in almost every instance I read about) blamed on use of "aftermarket" products (whether it was chargers or batteries). They had been able to sweep those issues under the rug, but with the Note7 recall and more than enough accounts, their QA has to come into question, along with other devices. I've seen more instances of Samsung phones burning than any other manufacturer (and I'd imagine that people who have used other devices, also used aftermarket chargers). The only other instance I remember was a Moto phone (can't remember which one)...maybe it was even the Nexus 6.

Upvote 0
No offense to anyone here but you might have been slightly crazy not to hand over your Note7 to the carrier immediately for a full refund when you had the chance at this point....back-up or not.

I did and I had to fight off a few misconceptions, only just 2 weeks ago.

Letting your kid (especially), Jeep, house, or hotel room get burnt up is just dumb.

It's no questions asked now (hopefully) and I can't imagine anyone saying anything other than...WTF Dude! What took you so long!

I'm sure I'm not alone in the fact that there is no possible way that I would be moved into a Galaxy Edge or iPhone7.

I waited many years to VERY reluctantly disconnect from Windows Phone after we were told directly from MS that there would be no Surface/Flagship phone in the immediate future and then jumped into this nightmare.

Thanks but no thanks Samsung...done for now.

Why not dump this POS and grab a burner (LOL - sorry!)? Just my opinion....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No offense to anyone here but you might have been slightly crazy not to hand over your Note7 to the carrier immediately for a full refund when you had the chance at this point....back-up or not.

I did and I had to fight off a few misconceptions, only just 2 weeks ago.

Letting your kid (especially), Jeep, house, or hotel room get burnt up is just dumb.

It's no questions asked now (hopefully) and I can't imagine anyone saying anything other than...WTF Dude! What took you so long!

I'm sure I'm not alone in the fact that there is no possible way that I would be moved into a Galaxy Edge or iPhone7.

I waited many years to VERY reluctantly disconnect from Windows Phone after we were told directly from MS that there would be no Surface/Flagship phone in the immediate future and then jumped into this nightmare.

Thanks but no thanks Samsung...done for now.

Why not dump this POS and grab a burner (LOL - sorry!)? Just my opinion....

Aw, man, I didn't want to hear that. I just bought a Lumia 950 XL, just to give Windows 10 Mobile a shot and have been enjoying it. While I still prefer Android, Windows 10 Mobile really does get the job done for work purposes. I was hoping that the Surface phone would end up becoming a reality in 2017, like a lot of the rumors were projecting, but your statement makes it sound like that won't be happening. Oh well. I think I will be sticking with Windows 10 Mobile for work purposes. Everything seems to work better, as far as Exchange is concerned (no real surprise there), so answering emails is fantastic.

Do you have any recommendations for keyboard replacements?

Upvote 0
Didn't see this article until now, but Samsung seriously needs to consider offering discounted prices for the Note 7 replacements, if their devices pass safety check. As much as I enjoyed the Note 7 while I had it, I don't know that I feel it's worth the $850 anymore. Just thinking long term, I'm concerned that their QA is even worse than expected.

http://phandroid.com/2016/09/13/samsung-galaxy-s7-exploding-uk/

Upvote 0
I guess we can joke about all of the folks who jumped ship and settled for a lesser phone without option to trade back for the new and non-incendiary note7?

I'm still planning on getting a Note7 again. My only question is if I'd do it now or just wait until later. Only thing I didn't opt for was using a "loaner" phone from T-Mobile, just because I didn't need to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones