• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help note memory

blackfive

Lurker
Hi Guys,

\this is doing me head in, i have a map app called back ounty navigator, i have the notes own memory and a 32gb card, but when i put maps on the note it fills up the notes memory, how can i get it to use the sd card?

cheers

alan

if you go to settings>applications>manage applications....scroll down to the app in question...select it and if its possible you will then have the option to move to SD card

if you go to settings>applications>manage applications....scroll down to the app in question...select it and if its possible you will then have the option to move to SD card

On that same note (get it?), you could download an apps2sd app, which will show you all apps that can be moved, and you can move them all from that app.

The problem with the Note's crappy memory design... it's only 2GB out of the 16GB... and many apps somehow must be parked in this 2GB portion for it to work. Some of the apps could be moved partially to the balance 13+GB called SD Card (yeah... I know). And I really hate that stupid Google+ apps that takes SO MUCH memory in the 2GB space.... really wanna delete it... but understand I have to root my baby!

The problem with the Note's crappy memory design... it's only 2GB out of the 16GB... and many apps somehow must be parked in this 2GB portion for it to work. Some of the apps could be moved partially to the balance 13+GB called SD Card (yeah... I know). And I really hate that stupid Google+ apps that takes SO MUCH memory in the 2GB space.... really wanna delete it... but understand I have to root my baby!

That's exactly why I want ICS to come to my T-mobile S2: I understand ICS will let you "disable" most of the craptory bloat.
(I'm afraid to try to root "my baby". I've bricked enough phones to ever try that again).
Does the Note get ICS? (shows you how little I know).
(I should sign my posts "clueless in Missouri")

That's exactly why I want ICS to come to my T-mobile S2: I understand ICS will let you "disable" most of the craptory bloat.
(I'm afraid to try to root "my baby". I've bricked enough phones to ever try that again).
Does the Note get ICS? (shows you how little I know).
(I should sign my posts "clueless in Missouri")
@sleedeane... no worries - we all learn from each other! Yup... ICS will come to the Note... just got a little delayed :)

Strange I only have 800 MB of memory !!!!

Maybe you are right. How much memory has the note. If my phone runs no applications almost 500MB of the 800 MB is already used. Is that not very much ???

That's seems pretty high, but easily possible.
I am in no way a "techie", but I total newbie. So hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along to help you.
But I do know that background running apps and processes and services can really use a lot of RAM sometimes. Try freeing up some memory using the factory task manager. It stops some unnecessary running processes and services, also.

Your note may be entirely different than mine, so this may be useless info to you, sorry).

Just saw another thread which said that the Note had 2Gb of memory which I thought was great as I will be upgrading from a Desire to a Note and the Desire's memory is tiny. I was so pleased at the 2Gb but now I'm worried as I hadn't considered all the bloat apps which are pre-installed and uninstallable. When the Note is new and before I do anything to it how much memory will there be for apps?

I've got an unlocked non-network Note so it has less bloatware than a network based one. Even with 87 apps installed (all to internal storage) I've got 1.44gb left.

Back
Top Bottom