• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Notes on Flash

megaera

Dec 9, 2009
Houston, TX
So having tested out flash ever so briefly on Hulu (before it was yanked away), I realized that in my desperation to watch as much Hulu on my phone as I could before they closed it, I hadn't really looked at the controls for Flash. I thought I'd go the more traditional route to start exploring the Flash application. So, I called up an old favorite, Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny, and sang along as I tried to bend Flash to my will. What I have learned so far,

1 quick tap will let you control stuff
The double tap will let you zoom or unzoom, but let's face it, this is NOT what you care about. What you care about is this:

One long press will bring up full screen mode.

I've been using stock, so I can't say.

Anyone know how to "hover" over a Flash video to bring up the controls?

I think its a long press to bring up the full screen option, but while in full screen, if u just tap the screen it will bring up controls.
Flash is so awesome! I just got finished watching ufc 115 on my Droid! I had to use drocap and capture it and sent it to my bud who just so happens to be a real huge ufc fan but owns an iPhone. I think his exact words were, "That's it! I'm getting a Droid as soon as I get out of this contract with at&t. I thought it was a funny story, but seriously I really do love this phone..
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
so no Hulu and no Farmville. anyone have any cool sites for me to play with flash

Justin.tv ! It's great, depending on the stream quality (but that is true on PC also). You get plenty of live tv (I have not explored it too much yet, as I mostly use it for sports). I have watched (partial, to test, as I'd rather watch on my 42") an NBA Finals game, A World Cup Game, Fox News, and CNN. All where fantastic over Wifi. I can't say what 3g looks like. I don't use it anymore, as I have found another solution (but I'm not permitted to talk about it yet)... :)

Upvote 0
so no Hulu and no Farmville. anyone have any cool sites for me to play with flash

Justin.tv ! It's great, depending on the stream quality (but that is true on PC also). You get plenty of live tv (I have not explored it too much yet, as I mostly use it for sports). I have watched (partial, to test, as I'd rather watch on my 42") an NBA Finals game, A World Cup Game, Fox News, and CNN. All where fantastic over Wifi. I can't say what 3g looks like. I don't use it anymore, as I have found another solution (but I'm not permitted to talk about it yet)... :)
Yeah, I forgot about Justin.tv. That's one of my favorite sites to watch sports. Oh, and for shows like family guy, American dad, house, bones, etc... Fox.com and watch full episodes. Sometimes flash gets a little choppy on 3g but its all I got at the moment.

Upvote 0
I think its a long press to bring up the full screen option, but while in full screen, if u just tap the screen it will bring up controls.
Flash is so awesome! I just got finished watching ufc 115 on my Droid! I had to use drocap and capture it and sent it to my bud who just so happens to be a real huge ufc fan but owns an iPhone. I think his exact words were, "That's it! I'm getting a Droid as soon as I get out of this contract with at&t. I thought it was a funny story, but seriously I really do love this phone..

Where did you watch ufc 115 online?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones