• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification Panel

Jun 26, 2011
I have a quick question regarding the notification panel. In the review video I watched, the guy had Data as a button on his notification panel. I can't seem to find it, under Active or Available buttons. I use a widget to turn this on and off, but I'd love to get rid of an app I no longer need if I can add it to the panel.

I have a quick question regarding the notification panel. In the review video I watched, the guy had Data as a button on his notification panel. I can't seem to find it, under Active or Available buttons. I use a widget to turn this on and off, but I'd love to get rid of an app I no longer need if I can add it to the panel.

Data? Are you sure it wasn't the Sync button?

Upvote 0
It appears that it was removed for some reason. I thought it was an AT&T thing that removed it but it looks like you're missing it and you're with Sprint. It was convenient to have there and now you have to go to the Settings in order to turn off mobile data. Not sure why it was removed - it's been in my GS4 and Note 2 phones.

It's these little things that carriers impose that annoy me the most.

Reactions: SekiTimewalker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones