• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification Pulldown Lag

THE ANDROID

Android Enthusiast
When pulling down the notification bar, the animation is laggy and jerks/stutters.
I've used custom ROMs and back on a clean stock 5.0.2 rom but still same issue on all of them. It's hard to believe it's a hardware issue as I never had this annoying issue on 4.4.4.
Is this a Lollipop 5.0.2 issue or hardware?
Thanks

I know this doesn't help much but my Nexus 7 is running 5.0.2 and I don't have this problem. I did a factory reset after taking the update.

The quick setting pull down on lock screen is OK. Its on home screens and in apps when the pull down is laggy. I'm on a freshly flashed stock. I used Wugfresh to unlock and root and wug to install stock google ROM but still same issue.

The quick setting pull down on lock screen is OK. Its on home screens and in apps when the pull down is laggy. I'm on a freshly flashed stock. I used Wugfresh to unlock and root and wug to install stock google ROM but still same issue.
Did you flash a ROM or a factory image?

On the pulldown, its supposed to staggar once. But not more. One finger pulls down notification, two fingers pulls down quick setting toggles. Have you wiped data/factory reset since updating and when flashing Roms? Also restoring system data with titanium causes issues. Only restore user app data. Fresh installs of apps and only restore data that you must. If a login of an app will put it back then don't bother restoring backup data.

I don't think it's a hardware issue as the 4 quick settings pull down on lock screen is smooth, ive flashed various different Lollipop roms and they all have the same issue. I honestly never had this issue on KK, no staggering, lag, glitch in the actual Android OS. I just set up as a new device when flashing roms, but I'm back on stock. Don't use Titanium.
I can only assume it's another one of Lollipops issue. It gets jerkier as more notifications fill up. I do experience the memory leak once a week so the N7 has to be restarted as system ram ends up over 1GB.

Back
Top Bottom