• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification sound setting keep going to default.

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Hi there guys

Couple of weeks ago, I noticed that my Whatsapp and SMS wouldn't ring.
I could feel the phone vibrate when message arrive, I will get light notification but no sound.

When I check the setting, none of the audio files in the list is checked. I can set them manually and it will last for a while. Couple of days, give and take. But then it will go back to no sound selected. Not even default.

Seem it makes no difference whether the sound is native Galaxy file or my own mp3.

I'm using 4.1.2

I have seen few posts while googling, but all pretty much saying they face the same problem, without any conclusion how to mend it.

Any ideas what could happen? I have pretty much the same set of apps as I had for over a year since my S2, and this has been resent development.

cheers

Have you factory reset since getting 4.1 mate? That might be the only solution im afraid

That was happening before factory reset. Then I had some upgrade to firmware via kies that fix my rebooting and crashing problem, but the notification problem continues.
I just did a reset after your reply, and 5 hours later my notifications and ringtones are al back to default or none. I use to have problem with Playlists, they would disappear in a day or two from making them. Now it seem to be bleeding into other settings.

Id sorry that didnt work mate. I dont know what could be causing it then. All i can suggest is trying the Light Flow app to take control of your notifications

Back
Top Bottom