• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notion Ink = 100,000+ units in 24hours

twospirits

AF's janitor
This blog states the following...
In fact, the company itself had expressed surprise over the response that it received with the Pixel Qi versions of the Adam. It took perhaps a little over 24 hours for the PQ Adams to record pre-orders to the tune of over a hundred thousand units.
If so, whoa, thats a lot.

TS out

I didn't, but if the videos keep coming as promised (one a day) and the outcome at CES 2011 is what I expect it to be "a success" I will surely order one mid Jan.
Hopefully Pixel Qi, can make some more for Notion Ink.

TS out

I like the WebOS type UI. Looks like the Android portion is very heavily masked, not sure if that's a good thing or not. I can't until someone here can give a honest review.

I'm hoping some XDA devs get into this and it is easy to unlock. I like the hardware, large bezel withstanding, but the custom OS looks weak and tedious.

I thought it was funny how they have been claiming they have the fastest way to switch tabs in the browsers. All they did was put a software button on top of the browser at all times which brings up tabs. They could have just had the tabs pop up with a two finger swipe and it would be more interesting than their implementation.

All the promo videos did was make me wish someone else was releasing a Pixel Qi screen. Also, the videos still don't address multi user support which is huge for me.

Specs still seem to be changing? I saw one video had a backside trackpad but the CES 2011 video didn't have it.

I'm hoping some XDA devs get into this and it is easy to unlock. I like the hardware, large bezel withstanding, but the custom OS looks weak and tedious.

I thought it was funny how they have been claiming they have the fastest way to switch tabs in the browsers. All they did was put a software button on top of the browser at all times which brings up tabs. They could have just had the tabs pop up with a two finger swipe and it would be more interesting than their implementation.

All the promo videos did was make me wish someone else was releasing a Pixel Qi screen. Also, the videos still don't address multi user support which is huge for me.
Actually there is an xda/notioninkhacks member that is getting his Adam. He did it for the Viewsonic G and said he'll do the same for the Adam. Only a matter of time before this bad boy gets hacked, rooted and ROMed.

TS

That would make the Notion interesting again as I have no interest in Eden. I think I'm going to make a hard rule for myself that I only allow stock android from no on for my devices.

I'm curious how noticeable the resolution differences will be between the Adam and Xoom.

Actually there is an xda/notioninkhacks member that is getting his Adam. He did it for the Viewsonic G and said he'll do the same for the Adam. Only a matter of time before this bad boy gets hacked, rooted and ROMed.

TS

That's great. It's a plus for any tablet to have dev support.

Back
Top Bottom