• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nougat for Shamu

I should be more clear. My apologies. I dont flash devices. Only do OTAs....

Should this be delivered OTA, are you cats who choose to do it OTA going to do an FDR AFTER the OTA. Is this recommended procedure?

I did the OTA and then a FDR Monday night. It ran nice no hiccups. Only reason I did the OTA was time. (I am terribly impatient) But I ended up having some time Tuesday night and flashed it.

If you go the OTA route I have both FDR and not and have never had any issues - that said since good old @lunatic59 explained the process I prefer to flash if time is available. I always think it's better to start fresh when possible with any major update (changing version i.e. MM to N ) I always do a hard re-start (forced re-start) after any apps update and after security patches, just to let the system get it's ducks in a row, but that's just me. I have had exceptional luck with this process however. :)

Reactions: jwbeeler and Bg260
Upvote 0
Look at you, getting all nerdy. ;)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you turn him into Captain Ahab." :p

Probably closer to the Gorton's fisherman. ;)
Gortons-Fisherman.jpg

Reactions: Bg260 and lunatic59
Upvote 0
Great, now I'm craving fishsticks!?!??

Everytime I tap a YouTube link it defaults to the app, which I don't want. I was going to give the new app permissions a thumbs up, but apparently the "do not open supported links" setting does not work. I even disabled YouTube but it saw fit to re-enable itself when I tapped the link. Guess I'll just have to force uninstall it.

Screenshot_20161006-130445.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones