• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Now that we're rooted, what is it going to take to get jellybean on here?

Jimmy422

So now we have root, and Samsung provides us with the source code to part of this device. Is there anything else we need to get a version of CM10 on this device? I'm willing to help in any way I can to get this baby upgraded.

Reactions: cpk
Over on the (Root The Reverb) thread, we have someone looking for and willing to work on the stock recovery.
Its a start.

Jellybean would be nice.

Aside from rooting, we need to get a recovery on the device. Something to let us backup and flash roms of something such as Jelly Bean or custom OSes. Common ones are ClockWork Mod Recovery and Team Win Recovery. I'm no developer, so that's as much as I know.

Now that we have recovery (mostly working and gaining) about the only thing we need is to get the device in the hands of a developer willing to do it, and time. I started working on the Photon-Q without having the device and it was slow and difficult. A lot of guessing and waiting for testers, uploading the files can take a lot of time. If a willing soul wanted to learn, it can be done, but it's not easy. Now, I traded my Galaxy Nexus to get the Photon-Q, so it's gonna get done. This device most likely will not get updates because it's a prepaid device, so owners will have to do it themselves. If there is a dev among you, you're golden. If not...

Now that we have recovery (mostly working and gaining) about the only thing we need is to get the device in the hands of a developer willing to do it, and time. I started working on the Photon-Q without having the device and it was slow and difficult. A lot of guessing and waiting for testers, uploading the files can take a lot of time. If a willing soul wanted to learn, it can be done, but it's not easy. Now, I traded my Galaxy Nexus to get the Photon-Q, so it's gonna get done. This device most likely will not get updates because it's a prepaid device, so owners will have to do it themselves. If there is a dev among you, you're golden. If not...

I am willing to learn. Once college finals are over I'd be more than happy to sit down and learn what I need to do.

Back
Top Bottom