• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help O2 Data Settings

WozzaTT

Jun 12, 2010
Hi,

Can anyone point me in the direction of the O2 mobile data settings for the Desire please? Installed 2.2 last night and now have no mobile data :(.

When I first got the phone about 6 months ago O2 sent me the settings via email but they were wrong and they were also wrong when I phoned O2 up. Only when I finally got through to a technical department and spoke to someone who actually knew what he was doing did I get the correct settings.

So it would be appreciated if anyone's got the settings that they know actually work please (O2 pay monthly) rather than a link to any nonsense O2 have sent.

I 'think' there were two sets to input and only one was enabled with the green dot on the phone?! After the update I have 'O2 Pay and Go' under APNs which was deselected, but selecting it makes no difference.

TIA

When you put your O2 SIM in a phone that doesn't have the O2 settings, O2 automatically send you them so that you can send picture messages and use internet on your mobile.

Save and activate them if asked. If you have any problems with the settings, try switching your mobile on and off.

If you need to get settings again, text ACTIVE to 2020.

Reactions: WozzaTT
Upvote 0
When you put your O2 SIM in a phone that doesn't have the O2 settings, O2 automatically send you them so that you can send picture messages and use internet on your mobile.

Save and activate them if asked. If you have any problems with the settings, try switching your mobile on and off.

If you need to get settings again, text ACTIVE to 2020.

Cheers fella!

Upvote 0
:mad: Google it!

One thing that annoys me is people asking questions and expecting someone else to do the donkey work.

Google is your friend!

this was the 1st post after a google search...

O2 Forum :: View topic - HTC Desire APN settings...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Just remember, AF is different than other forums. What is acceptable there is not necessarily ok here.

Forum Rules said:
Also while the search feature on forums is great, and hopefully will be utilized - if someone comes here and asks a question, either answer it or don't. If you're going to suggest the search feature, be polite about it. Nothing irks me more than when I go to a forum, (and use the search!), then ask a question because I want some one on one with my problem, and get a simple "Use the search." reply. Suggesting it is encouraged, but don't withhold the answer because they don't.

Thanks for providing the OP with a link!! :)

Upvote 0
Just remember, AF is different than other forums. What is acceptable there is not necessarily ok here.

Thanks for providing the OP with a link!! :)

Fair point. Did not take notice of what forum it was, just trying to point out that its normally best to do a quick scan on google first before asking questions...Must be me having a bad day at work :)

Think I'll add that to my signature!

Upvote 0
:mad: Google it!

One thing that annoys me is people asking questions and expecting someone else to do the donkey work.

Google is your friend!

this was the 1st post after a google search...

O2 Forum :: View topic - HTC Desire APN settings...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Like I said mate, I didn't want anything specifically from O2 or anything affiliated with them as I'd spent ages previously being messed about with the wrong settings.

I normally do my own 'donkey work', and would have done this evening, but am at work at the moment and thought someone may have a quick link or have experienced the same issues with O2.

Apologies that you were so incensed so as to have to add 4 unhappy face emoticons but thanks for the link anyway.

Upvote 0
Like I said mate, I didn't want anything specifically from O2 or anything affiliated with them as I'd spent ages previously being messed about with the wrong settings.

I normally do my own 'donkey work', and would have done this evening, but am at work at the moment and thought someone may have a quick link or have experienced the same issues with O2.

Apologies that you were so incensed so as to have to add 4 unhappy face emoticons but thanks for the link anyway.

I've just gone through this rigmarole for my wife's phone

Try these settings:

Access Point

Name - O2 Postpay
APN - wap.o2.co.uk
Proxy - 193.113.200.195
Port - 8080
Username - o2wap
Password - o2wap
Server - <Not set>
MMSC - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy - 193.113.200.195
MMS port - 8080
MMS protocol - WAP2.0
MCC - 234
MNC - 10
Authentication type - <Not set>
APN type - *

Take note that everything is types as shown i.e small o for o2 except for access point name.

We had to do this a couple of times but eventually it worked.

Good Luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones