• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Odd behavior of Crome on Galaxy 20FE

Rg68

Lurker
Hi , from couple of days ago, almost every site I browse , turns after a minute or so, to a page showing the below notification:
The cnnection to new611k22.top , is not secure .
Did anyone encounter that ?
Thank you .

Hi , from couple of days ago, almost every site I browse , turns after a minute or so, to a page showing the below notification:
The cnnection to new611k22.top , is not secure .
Did anyone encounter that ?
Thank you .
wipe cache and data for the chrome app

CCleaner is owned by the infamous Cheetah Mobile. NEVER install their garbage unless you love having your data sent to Beijing.
Pinform?!? Wow really?!? They are owned now by Cheetah Mobile, yeah never again for Cheetah mobile, or Brave Browser...... ::somany floating ads, and cookies devoured it up::

CCleaner was developed by Cheetah Mobile years ago. The 'C' in 'CCleaner' stands for 'Cheetah'. Their crap used to be part of Samsung's own 'device care' cleanup settings and they got hell for it so removed it in later OneUI versions.

CCleaner was developed by Cheetah Mobile years ago. The 'C' in 'CCleaner' stands for 'Cheetah'. Their crap used to be part of Samsung's own 'device care' cleanup settings and they got hell for it so removed it in later OneUI versions.
I am so glad I got rid of it on my cell and tablet......

The easiest way to clear cache and data from an app is already built into Android:

Settings-->Apps-->select app-->Storage-->Clear storage.

Also, DU app group has the same shady apps as Cheetah. DU Battery Saver and the like and they really ruined ES File Explorer as well.

Cheetah also owned Clean Master, Cleaner (without the 'c') and various others such as QuickPic. They now own really creepy robots at trade shows that 'look' at users as they pass.

The easiest way to clear cache and data from an app is already built into Android:

Settings-->Apps-->select app-->Storage-->Clear storage.

Also, DU app group has the same shady apps as Cheetah. DU Battery Saver and the like and they really ruined ES File Explorer as well.

Cheetah also owned Clean Master, Cleaner (without the 'c') and various others such as QuickPic. They now own really creepy robots at trade shows that 'look' at users as they pass.

I tried that and it didn't work. This spam (or malware) only seems to come up when using Chrome on Android (Samsung A51) and only when accessing one site.

I am a bit confused if it is just one site, then why not just leave it completely, besides no one is going to care if you left due to a trojan.

Our work PC has a 'fake Google' search (doesn't help the boss only understands Internet Explorer and no other browser) installed that redirects any attempt to search Google over to it. Perhaps some similar malware got installed that is acting like a VPN and redirecting sites in Chrome?

Does there happen to be a symbol of a key on the right side of the notification area? You might have to swipe down and look. It would be next to the wifi or LTE status.

Back
Top Bottom