• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official HTC car mount kit

JasonC

Android Enthusiast
Has any body seen this official car mount for the Desire? it seems a little expensive to me. It apparently activates the NaviPanel interface on your phone when plugged in but how do you know if your phone supports this or not?

b199788.jpg

My desire has options to auto launch car panel under "dock" in settings - am running modaco 2.2 rom though. Personally I didnt think it had the hardware dock detectors but I might be wrong, maybe its just something thats being enabled in froyo? guess we'll know for sure when the official rom comes out over the next couple of days.

@nagrom
Did you buy the one from Halfords? I want a car mount, but want one that will hold my Desire in its silicone case (Silicone Case For HTC Desire - Black). The other ones listed in this thread will only fit the Desire out of its case, so I'd appreciate your thoughts about the Halfords one.

Has anybody else got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

I bought the one from Halfords on Friday (there's 10% off online at the moment). The Desire fits OK. I don't have a car to try it "in anger", but it seems quite secure from what I've tried so far.

Back
Top Bottom