• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oh crap!

angldvl81

Android Expert
Dropped my phone, didnt power off but somehow managed to unmount my sd card. When i go to settings to mount it, it says my card is damaged. Am i screwed or is there something i can do?

My notification window is saying i may have to reformat it

Thx for the info guys, however i went into recovery amd tried to reformat remount amd it wouldnt work so i think its done for :( but i will try thoae when i get home

I had a beast of a time trying to format my 16 GB Card that came with my DROID. just because it failed doesn't necessarily mean that the card is bad.

Like NA said - try it in a compute (and try recovering files before you try formatting.

I had a beast of a time trying to format my 16 GB Card that came with my DROID. just because it failed doesn't necessarily mean that the card is bad.

Like NA said - try it in a compute (and try recovering files before you try formatting.

I definitely will try. Thx!

I spent a week in WV in June - I friggin' loved it up there.

of course, I've been in Middle GA for 35 years, so....

So after putting the card in a computer, it read it as a 30MB card vs 32GB and would not format.... Running an 8GB for now til I get another card

Where in wv?

Institute - (WVSU)

So after putting the card in a computer, it read it as a 30MB card vs 32GB and would not format.... Running an 8GB for now til I get another card

Ummm, that's actually normal.

Used by memory makers, GB is normal powers of 10 used to define something - so a 32 GB Micro SDCard is 32,000,000,000 bytes.

however, Bytes are actually calculated base 2, meaning powers of 2. So, 1 GB is actually 1,073,741,824 bytes long. Thus, 32 GB is really 34,359,738,368 bytes, not 32,000,000,000.

And, if you divide 32,000,000,000 by 1,073,741,824 you get 29.8023223876953125 actual GB, which rounds up to 30 GB.

It's the same with all sorts of magnetic media - USB Flash devices, hard drives and SSDs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom