• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 'OK Google' stopped working - LG G3 - KitKat

I recently realized my 'Ok Google' stopped working on my LG G3 running KitKat and I'm not sure why. I'm really a beginner at discussing this stuff so let me know what specific info I should provide. Here are some notes:

- 'Ok Google' works in Safe Mode, but not in standard mode
- I made sure my Google Voice settings were turned on and updated my voice data
- I deleted apps I thought may be affecting it like Commandr and AutoVoice
- All my Google Play apps are up to date

Please let me know what other info I can provide or if anyone has suggestions I can test.

Thank you all!

Welcome to Android Forums.

If it works in Safe Mode and not in normal ... an app you added is causing the problem. Keep looking.

... Thom

I don't add many apps so I've uninstalled most of what I've added in the last few months. The home screen I have WITH the Google search widget will recognize "Ok Google" but other screens will not, even though I have Ok Google detection set with "From any screen". Any other settings I should look for?

For the best exposure I moved your thread to the forum dedicated to your device. Ot's the best place to find other users of your device.

(I am using a Droid Turbo and the Motorola version of this capability is quite different from yours.)

... Thom

Thanks!

Also, is there any way to see what apps are running in safe mode and which are running in standard mode?
Apps not running in safe mode simply aren't running.
Just go to settings > applications > running apps & you'll see what is running.
If you don't see it there,it's not running.

Nevermind... it doesn't work in Safe Mode either. It only works on a screen that has a Google search bar widget now. I didn't realize it when I was first testing Safe Mode.

I'm having the same problem. I'm on a verizon lg g3 that was running kit kat and okay google stopped working. I tried retraining voice but that didn't fix it. It works only if google now is already open, won't work on home screen or lock screen. It started right when google pushed that last big update to google now(before I'd even downloaded the update, but I think a lot of the changes were server side. Since then I accidentally ended up updating to lollipop and that still hasn't fixed it, even with turning on trusted voice, no luck. It's really annoying.

I'm having the same problem. I'm on a verizon lg g3 that was running kit kat and okay google stopped working. I tried retraining voice but that didn't fix it. It works only if google now is already open, won't work on home screen or lock screen. It started right when google pushed that last big update to google now(before I'd even downloaded the update, but I think a lot of the changes were server side. Since then I accidentally ended up updating to lollipop and that still hasn't fixed it, even with turning on trusted voice, no luck. It's really annoying.
Try deleting all data from Google Play Services,reboot the phone & retrain your voice in OK Google,if necessary.
I've had problems w/Google Play Services across quite a few devices in the past couple of months & this seems to do the trick,until some Google apps get updated,or,if you side-load any Google apps updates instead of waiting for them to be pushed via the Google Play Store.

Back
Top Bottom