• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OK, I'm Rooted, Now I need CWM Recovery

I pretty much understand the setups, but I'm new to the sequent so bear with me. I have CWM zip on my SD card, now, how do I install it, and how do you get into recovery on the sequent? When I push the power and Volume up button, all I get is a FTW screen. Is that what I think it means (lol), or what am I doing wrong? A sequent noob here, sorry, just an old Warp warrior!

Thanks again Super! I just found Junkies AOI tool, ran it and it said CWM is installed. Can't try it yet, putting stupid music on her phone right now. Do you use the power and volume button as I said before to get into recovery? AFter this, I should be good to go! Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Thanks again Super! I guess since I'm the noob kid on the block, I'll be asking a lot of dumb questions. Hell, I was just getting good at my WARP, now this !

Upvote 0
Thanks. What is FTM? and which app do you use?
No idea what ftm stands for, but it's the black screen with red light and zte can use it to flash updates and whatnot. It's mostly useless to us so far.

I use power toggles and add a toggle for shutdown menu. It has reboot to recovery and reboot to bootloader.

edit: FTM = Field Test Mode.

Upvote 0
Supers right, I think that FTM is specific to ZTE.

And I use an ap to get to recovery too. The one I liked first is a widget that comes with ROM Toolbox paid version, but there's another also in Nandroid Manager.

And the one way I remember to get the correct drivers, is right from the phone itself, (if or when all else fails), there's a menu pop up when USB connected, and it ought to be on top, to install drivers.

Welcome to the community, and good luck with the Sequent, it's proven a robust and fun phone, easy to get along with and mostly forgiving, (up to a point in my case), but that's what those backups are for right?

Upvote 0
Supers right, I think that FTM is specific to ZTE.

And I use an ap to get to recovery too. The one I liked first is a widget that comes with ROM Toolbox paid version, but there's another also in Nandroid Manager.

And the one way I remember to get the correct drivers, is right from the phone itself, (if or when all else fails), there's a menu pop up when USB connected, and it ought to be on top, to install drivers.

Welcome to the community, and good luck with the Sequent, it's proven a robust and fun phone, easy to get along with and mostly forgiving, (up to a point in my case), but that's what those backups are for right?
I finally got the drivers to work on my wife's laptop (last night), but it would NOT work for my desk top. Kept getting ,"a newer version......), just wouldn't work.
Anyway, she's rooted, got CWM, and now ready to flash a new ROM. Thank all of you for your help. I love this forum, you guy's are all so helpful. ( just an old dumb carpenter, that likes to tweak my toy's) !

Reactions: gressami
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones