• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One question (for now) from a Slide newbie...

I want to get rid of the stupid Myfaves icon on the main screen, but I'm happy with the default screen other than the icon.

Per similar posts, I've tried various launchers, but I didn't like them all that much.

Can I just get rid of that one icon and put something else in its place?

I want to get rid of the stupid Myfaves icon on the main screen, but I'm happy with the default screen other than the icon.

Per similar posts, I've tried various launchers, but I didn't like them all that much.

Can I just get rid of that one icon and put something else in its place?

It is slightly useless and annoying that you can't change it (yet) without a home replacement app.

But at least it does not have a dedicated hardware key ala the Behold II's "cube".

Upvote 0
I guess I will probably just get used to it. To be honest, and I've only had this phone less than a week, I do miss my Blackberry (which I dunked in a lake).

Overall, Blackberry apps aren't as good, the browser sucks, and the screen is small. But as a pure communicator, the blackberry is far better. Email and texting is far better on the crackberry.

My impressions so far of this phone are that the native apps kind of suck, but there are tons of third party apps. Although, a lot of the third party apps are so new, they have a lot of flaws. Even some of the official apps have issues. For instance, I put the official yahoo messenger app on. There is NO option to log out! How stupid is that?

I'm hoping I get used to this phone and learn to appreciate it. I'm a 5 year Blackberry user and like a crack head, I was addicted to the crackberry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones