• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help One X Plus is really lagging

ciurka

Lurker
Hello, everybody, i got my HOX+ for almost a year and i was thinking my phone is just weak to play games. I was always blaming Tegra processor, but one day i just wanted to find out, why even cheaper phones can handle games without any lag. Almost all the games are lagging, including small and of course im not even talking about games like Need For Speed Most wanted... So i found a thing, that my ranking on anTuTu Benchmark is only 15419, then even samsung s2 has around 12000, my phone is even weaker than simple HOX. So, im waiting for answer :)

Do you, by any chance, have power saving mode on? I don't play many games on mine, so I can't really speak from experience, but I remember a thread somewhere talking about it degrading game performance.

Yes, I tried to play with power saver and without, no difference. Can You please download a game like Dead Trigger or just download anTuTu Bechmark and check what rate your phone got? Thanks in advance.

I downloaded an Tu Tu. 15493 with power saver on and 17942 with power saver off. During the GPU portion of the test the framerate was about the same both times: ~15fps, which DID look a bit stuttery.

Not a problem. You might have something loaded in the background that's hogging resources. The only really practical experience I have gaming on this phone is Mass Effect Infiltrator. It seemed to run fine. Although, since it came preloaded, it might have been optimized for the HOX+. The slight stuttering I saw during the benchmark test didn't seem that bad either. I guess I don't have very high expectations gaming on a handheld device since I pretty much exclusively game on my PC.

Back
Top Bottom