• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OOM problem?

Okay so I noticed after flashing the Samurai Rom and the new kernel I've had memory issues. Recently i had Samurai flashed and would usually keep my phone at 386 min and 586 max. Now if i do that it lags horribly. But not only that no matter how high i clock this phone, I run out of memory fast. I have Ram Manager and it kind of helps, but at random times i'll be at 650mb used and not even have any apps open besides pandora. Any help?

1) Android is always going to use as much RAM as is available. That's just how it works. Ram that's not being used is being wasted. This is not Windows.

2) If your phone lags with that ROM try a different ROM. Not all ROMs work great on all phones.

I have been using this rom since it came out and never had an issue. But recently i had to go to the stock rom to take it into the store for an hardware issue. Turned out they were just upgrading towers in my area so I took the phone home rerooted again and flashed the rom and now i'm having lag issues. :/

You're saying that nothing changed, but the phone just decided to lag. That's not possible, so something changed. We can't know what you did differently, but you might. Did you do a complete wipe both before and after flashing the ROM?

Somewhere along the way when you reinstalled the rom something went wrong. Just reflash the rom or whichever other one you may be interested in. I can tell you for sure that the issue is on your end and not with the rom or kernel otherwise there would be many people complaining about the same thing lol.

Make sure to factory data reset
Wipe cache
Advanced - wipe dalvik cache

Also be careful with pirated apps. Someone here had your same issues and it was from a pirated app. Many pirated apps come with a bunch of AD generators inside which can cause adverse effects.

Back
Top Bottom