• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oops, it finally happened!

I dropped the phone. The glass is cracked up pretty bad.
Is there a way to replace the glass on the LG Optimus G Pro??
Any help would be great!
Thank you,
Pete

There's a way to replace the glass on any phone, and you can get a kit for that phone for about $30 on eBay. But I have to insert the normal disclaimer here. If you damage anything while replacing the glass, it's going to cost you a lot more to bring it to a repair ship to get it fixed than if you had paid them to replace the glass in the first place.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I considered replacing it myself, but there is just way too many little parts and pieces for me. I'll have to suck it up and let a "pro" take care of it.

I called the "pro's" and it's somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 to replace the front glass on a phone that only cost me $100. The repair kit is only $35. I guess I should consider doing it on my own.
Any pointers anyone can give ??
thanks,

There's a guide in the optimus g pro section of xda goes step by step and I believe the author of that thread posted a video on YouTube as well. Its a pretty simple job. Good luck.

Actually I was able to do it and turned out great. However, the phone is not working. When I try and make a call the screen goes black, the phone dials and the other end can hear me but I cant hear them. If I press the top right corner the phone screen comes on again but still no sound. However, speaker phone works fine.
Any thoughts ?

Back