• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ooVoo.. Phone to PC video chat finally!!!

Keybeeetsss

Android Enthusiast
Guys I didn't see a thread on the Epic side of things so I thought I'd postl but this APP is the shete :D

As well as the desktop app; it integrates with Skype (on the desktop) & u can update ur FB status & hav people Vid call etc.

But it works seemlessly (for me) doing Video chat from the Phone to PC (& of course u can do Phone to Phone)

But It has to be the New Beta version on the PC for it to work...

ooVoo

Thanks for this. I have been using Yahoo video chat but it's a beast at 25MB just for the video add on. This is faster and actually gets the camera in the correct orientation, too. Takes a few seconds for the images to appear but once they do, it's decent.

Edit: Oh, and I just downloaded the executable for my PC from the website. no mention of the beta app at all.

HERE is the beta file

It's version 3.0x (same as the phone version basically) just in case u or anyone needs it...

It won't work for most unless that beta file is installed on the PC (as far as Phone to PC is concerned)...

& yeah I really hated the Yahoo with the orientation being the way it is; that is realllly pointless to use; I installed it on the SD card being it's so farkin big, but even when its open, its using a lot of resources...

Back
Top Bottom