• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help opinion please

New Rising

Android Enthusiast
The cell standby on my Bionic is constantly at 40% or more, yesterday it was at 45% for awhile. I was reading some other posts where people said their standby was in the 30s, I dont think mine has ever been below 40%. I also feel my battery drains faster than it should. I have the extended battery and in it drains in 10-12 hours with moderate to heavy use. Should I exchange it for another one, or is it a problem that will be eventually be fixed?

Are you on LTE or 3G? Are you showing any "Time without signal"? Cell standby is just the the % of battery used by your cell radio/s. It has to be a high number...it's on 100% of the time unless your in airplane mode and unless your on your phone every single second of a battery charge using it to no end. Then, whatever you were using most will take up larger percentages. This is how I understand it anyways from the Eris and Incredible days.

Are you on LTE or 3G? Are you showing any "Time without signal"? Cell standby is just the the % of battery used by your cell radio/s. It has to be a high number...it's on 100% of the time unless your in airplane mode and unless your on your phone every single second of a battery charge using it to no end. Then, whatever you were using most will take up larger percentages. This is how I understand it anyways from the Eris and Incredible days.

I'm on 4g 90% of the time, unless I switch to 3g for a little. I work in a bank and it's really slow so I'm on my phone a lot. I just wanna make sure it's normal before I make any hasty decisions.

I'm on 4g 90% of the time, unless I switch to 3g for a little. I work in a bank and it's really slow so I'm on my phone a lot. I just wanna make sure it's normal before I make any hasty decisions.

Well it's normal on the Bionic so far....whether it is truly "normal" is the question only Moto and VZW can answer. We'll find out fairly soon I bet. Especially by the first OTA update when that is aired. I would say if your happy with your Bionic and all you have is high "cell standby usage" in your battery stats than I would say be patient for the OTA update.

3 people I know that have the Bionic have said the same thing about the Radio issue. It seems pretty normal, well until an update is pushed out I would assume.

The unit I have now, and the 2 previous ones all did the same thing when checking the battery manager? So id say its pretty widespread.

3 people I know that have the Bionic have said the same thing about the Radio issue. It seems pretty normal, well until an update is pushed out I would assume.

The unit I have now, and the 2 previous ones all did the same thing when checking the battery manager? So id say its pretty widespread.

That makes me feel a little better I guess. I'm hoping an update is released though. What was the issue with your other two Bionics?

Cell standby is the duration that the phone is NOT being used for phone calls. That and the display should be the largest battery consumers, almost always. The only thing that will decrease the Cell standby percentage is if other apps/services are being used, thereby hogging more battery. My Cell standby stat floats between 30-45%.

Back
Top Bottom