• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optimizing app 1 of 50 (Every reboot!)

SteboMT

Hey, everytime I reboot my SGV I get the Android is optimizing apps 1 of 50. Then it counts down and says complete. However this process takes like 3 mins or so. What's going on?? Is it because I moved all my apps via the Link2SD program or what??

The last time this happened to someone it was fixed by fixing permissions. Boot into recovery and select the fix permissions options and let it go thru. Reboot and see if that helps.

I don't have the victory anymore, so can't look and tell you exactly where the fix permissions option is so you'll have to look around. It may be under advanced.

Mine was doing that for awhile, think it was before I moved apps using Link2Sd. Try clean up dalvik cache and second partition and see if it clears up.
After that it stopped doing it IIRC, can't remember last time I saw that message.

Thanks for the pointers. I did a fix permissions and rebooted, same thing. Then I did a wipe dalvik and cache and it rebooted optimizing 1 of 112 apps! Now after rebooting several times it still show optimizing 1 of 50 apps!

Any other ideas?
BTW I'm using TWRP 2.6.3 and also the phone is updated to latest OTA update.

Well still must be dalvik-cache issue. I think around the time it stopped is when I uninstall you tube system app completely and uninstall play store services updates and let it re install them. Not sure if this will help but it has to be a system level app. I can't see it needing to update 50 all the time, that's a lot of apps. Do you have Link2sd installed on internal or sdcard? If it doesn't mount internal not sure what issues it will cause. Did you move 50 apps? Might try and redo mount scripts from link2sd, maybe one has became corrupted and takes too long to mount the card? Spit balling now...

Thank you so much for your time brother!

I have Link2SD on the internal memory. I have left most of the system apps on the internal. I have L2SD setup to automatically move any apps I added from the play store like games, utils. I left Titanium backup, L2SD, Gmail, TWRP manager, Matrix wallpaper, and Play Store on the internal.
At one point in time I thought I had problems with a FAT32 partition that L2SD was using and reparted my 32gb sdcard to a 19gb fat32 for photos/video and 10gb to a EXT4 partition for L2SD. When I had done this, I had at that time moved play store to it and lost the apps I had moved. I ended up having to manually download a Play Store APK to get it all working again...

There was a couple mentions of Titanium Backups leaving an odex file in system/apps causing a constant optimizing of it.
I would count how many you have moved, move a couple back to phone and see if the optimizing number goes down or not. If it does the card isn't being mounted quick enough for the phone. Might be a sdcard issue even. I would even go as far as removing the sdcard as see if what happens, might eliminate it from being the problem.
I had all google play/services etc on sdcard last year and 2nd partitition went out. Took forever to get everything working again. Unfortunately phone had such small internal storage and google making everything huge I had to keep some on the card and yes it toasted the card completely a few months ago. Never got them to reinstall again, gave up and upgraded to the Victory.

You should never link system apps with link2sd. Only link user apps. System apps go in system ROM anyways, linking them won't free up any usable space.

I get optimizing app 100 of 176 every time I boot.

I tried the fix permissions option.
Tried wiping cache and cache dalvik.

I don't use links2sd or titanium backup.

Also haven't done any tweaking other than installing TWRP for root.

It did this out of the box for me, I have a refurbished unit from freedomopop which I believe came with a slightly modified freedompop ROM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take 2:

Tried full factory reset

I get a quick Android is upgrading, starting apps just for a sec though after each reboot.

Installed 17 old apps I had backed up on my sd card to test.

Rebooted and I get android is optimizing
100 of 116

Rebooted several times with the same message.

Appears that even after a full factory reset I still have the problem. Though with just the 17 apps installed it boots up pretty quick, with all my apps I usually have it takes several minutes. So I restored my ROM from TWRP and am back to where I started.

Is this normal or is this an issue that needs correcting?

According to an xda thread it's not normal and installing a deodexed rom will fix it or turning on fastboot can fix it. Do either of these options apply to the Victory?

After full wipe I still get the optimizing.

The only system app I uninstalled was the Samsung one. Not the push service, the samsung store I think.

I think you did something wrong in link2sd. You might want to reflash the stock ROM. What build are you on? Mg5, nd4?

I think you did something wrong in link2sd. You might want to reflash the stock ROM. What build are you on? Mg5, nd4?

I ended up flashing the stock MG5 rom and chose to remove twrp and root.... im back to MG5 and the ND4 update ran and check updates says is up to date, but still MG5 in about....

The optimizing is gone, loved that FLASH though back to stock was cool to offer recovery removal and root removal.

Back
Top Bottom