• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus V not listed in CLOCKWORKMOD

shyguyeye

Lurker
I'm trying to install a ROM onto my old LG optimus V, followed directions in the all things root thread, I download Rom Manager but there is no Optimus V listed.

Viewing the complete list doesnt show it either.

The closest to the Optimus V I think is the Optimus One. Should I use that instead?

I am ROOTED. The only problem im having so far is Clockworkmod not listing the phone/

If I was you, I wouldnt use rom manager on opv.
Heres a link in Optimus v all thimgs root guide.
Just scrool down to install custom recovery

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html
to better understand, the recovery is just to mirror my current image in case something goes wrong, correct? Can I also use this method to install the ROM or continue to the next paragraph disregarding 7. Boot into Clockworkmod recovery mode to install ROM?

Also thanks for the speedy answer.

can anyone give some input on as to why it isnt listed.

I'm going to try the suggested above but if that doesnt work would like to know if I can get it to work with rommanager.

can anyone give some input on as to why it isnt listed.

I'm going to try the suggested above but if that doesnt work would like to know if I can get it to work with rommanager.

RM was bricking many of the later OVs, because RM doesn't work on all OVs... RM had only worked on the initial release version of the OVs. In spite of requests and warnings, RM was never updated for the newer OV versions. It took a while with much effort by the OV community to have RM remove the OV from its 'list'.

Read AndyOpie150's Sticky for more info:

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/419080-truth-about-rom-manager.html

[Edit] To be more specific, the CWM v3.2.0.1 recovery that RM had used for the OVs produced a blank display on the newer Hitachi screen models. Even though the newer OVs still functioned (via ADB commands from a connected PC) but without any display feedback, most users unknowingly assumed their OVs were bricked. FYI. [/Edit]

understood. I thank you all as I managed to installed the ROM recommended by a user. The ROM is CM7 MiRaGe and its pretty good so far.

Again thank you.

Back
Top Bottom