• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange customer services advised me to root

balders

I was on the phone to Orange customer services arranging a replacement handset when I got talking about when they would be rolling out 2.2, and if they would be taking the same line as Vodafone.

The very helpful woman informed me Orange would be including all of the usual Orange apps in 2.2, but their are ways around getting the apps off your phone and that she had done it.

I asked how that would affect the warranty, she said that basically if I don't tell them then they wont know. They receive 1000's of handsets back each day and don't have the time to check them for rooting.

She was very informatieve explaining how easy it was to root and how much more responsieve the phone was afterwards.

I pretty sure this isn't Orange's official stand but quite interesting all the same.

No that wouldn't be Orange's official stance and if she gets QA'd on that call she'll be in a bit of trouble. Was cool that she had the conversation with you though.

Which handset are you using?

I'm thinking about doing it, just having a good read about it first. Cheers for the links.

I do tend to break things when I fiddle with them though.

Seems like theirs quite a few different roms out there, think I'll just stick with the stock one.

Someone on here came across this place unrevoked which seems pretty good and Mac friendly.

I have always debranded my handsets, and never had a prob with Orange care in 15 years!

I do have my "pet" CSR in Orange premier though ;)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom