• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ORANGE LIGHT when manual says red??

bhays3

so i bought an htc on sv boost mobile as far as i can tell..its lcd and glass were shattered

so i bought a replacement lcd and glass...went through and replaced all that but still phone wont turn on

if i leave battery out and plug in usb or wall charger i get a light that appears orange and not the red charging light...if i then put in battery orange light will go out in a few seconds

no combo of buttons result in the phone turning on...all water marks are white as snow..phone still had stickers on it as if it never came out of the box

wondering is this like a warning light for hardware or something?

I'm thinking that since light comes on when i plug in with no battery and then put battery in it goes off maybe its a bad battery...

the screen was hit in three places..it looks like one of the blows put a tiny dent in the main ribbon cable...i can buy a replacement cable but i'd like to rule out the battery first...

i don't think that the cable is an issue...i looked over every square centimeter and it all looks perfect

edit: figured why not..ordered new battery and new main ribbon cable and i'm gonna let my wall charger charge battery till it says its full and go from there

I would be willing to bet the ribbon cable is the problem. I used to be a phone service tech andbit doesnt take much to screw them up. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for reply...i full charged the battery and got 4.2 volts so thats good...i was going to try to check continuity across pins but my hands arent steady enough and they are very tiny so ive got new cable on the way

edit: in my heart i knew the cable was proably the issue but i guess i was deceiving myself out of being disappointed

it turns out I replace the main ribbon cable and that was not the issue although it needs to be replaced anyway because of damage.

it is bricked in some form I'm only able to access Qualcomm high-speed download mode on PC . I'm looking into a solution now to try to figure out a way that I can get it booted or at least into fastboot

Back
Top Bottom