• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTA update bricked my phone

kmn5

Hi all,
mt LG Optimous Pro G E988 has been working fine for 6 months,
But over night there was a OTA update, and now my phone is "stuck"
I say stuck because it will boot with the message
"Secure Booting Error"
"Cause: Device Unlock!! So Boot Sucess!!!"

then it goes into my CWM Recovery........ :mad:

Here is where I am having the problem. It never fully installed the OTA update, because I had a boot loader installed.
I had tried to wipe everything and do a factory update, but no use.

I also tried using LG Mobile Support Tool to reflash the factory ROM
as per: [Guide] Unroot/Unbrick - flash official factory firmware with LG Launcher - Post #1 - XDA

But the program is having a problem downloading the file from LG. Maybe LG no longer supports this.... I don't know.

Is there a way for me to flash the phone with the original ROM without connecting to LG
s server (using their Support Tool)?

Please help.
Thanks

Hi, my LG OG PRO is stuck at "secure boot error cause boot certification verify". Anyone have any ideas of how to get past this? Every flashing tool I've used yielded no results.

Hi. I'm at the screen where there is a yellow "READY" banner in com41. What should I do next: should I wait it out until it moves OR start all over and update the DLL file?

Hey, guys. I recently had my LG OG PRO E980 upgraded to 4.4.2. and rooted w/towelroot, since FreeGee doesn't support this version as of yet. I found this CWM recovery apk from another thread that was used for an international LG OG PRO F240L. I installed it, booted into recovery and backed up the stock ROM without a hitch. I saw the error "Secure booting error: Device unlocked, so boot success". Did this apk unlock the bootloader just long enough to install the custom recovery? Lemme know your thought.
Also, is there a way I can remove AT&T bloatware w/o tripping LG security since it's not Loki-fied?

Quick question. What are system apps used to provide FOTA updates on the LG OG PRO? I just want to freeze them, not delete them.

Back
Top Bottom