• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Out of memory?

bozbeast

Got the phone rooted and with new rom.

Only have a 2g ex sd, the phone won't even use it with link2sd
It seems it is linking everything to the internal storage card.
Yet when I download an app it goes straight to my internal memory.

In link2sd storage info:

internal 84% free

sdcard 84% free

ext sd 97% free

sd card 2nd part 78% free

system 28 % free (after removing some apps it was like 7% free)

cache is 98% free

I'm guessing my link2sd isn't going through properly, or does this phone have no room for apps. (All I had dl'ed is Titanium backup, 4shared, rom toolbox, link2sd, golauncher, goweather (plus one theme) widget, and es file explorer.

I had this issue yesterday on the rooted phone, but stock rom, so I thought it was just the rom, using super helado 1.1a.

Anyone else having memory issues?

Have you setup lnk2sd properly? Settings to link everything on app install. Have you manually linked apps already?

It looks like items are linking properly. Won' t be much system memory. The intetnal 4gb is split with system files on half and apps on the other(think this is correct)

Have you setup lnk2sd properly? Settings to link everything on app install. Have you manually linked apps already?

It looks like items are linking properly. Won' t be much system memory. The intetnal 4gb is split with system files on half and apps on the other(think this is correct)

Never manually linked any apps. But I cannot install anything now.
I'm thinking of flashing a new rom then trying the foldermount method.

Not sure if that would work either.

Do you have the link for the link2sd method again just in case?

I don't understand why so many people seem to have storage problems with this phone. I'm rooted and using link2sd with a 16gb sd card split 50/50. I have 52 apps downloaded and installed, including a couple of birding apps with very large databases, and I still have over 1gb free in my device memory.

I don't understand why so many people seem to have storage problems with this phone. I'm rooted and using link2sd with a 16gb sd card split 50/50. I have 52 apps downloaded and installed, including a couple of birding apps with very large databases, and I still have over 1gb free in my device memory.

We obviously aren't doing something right. That said I only have a 2gb EXTERNAL sd card, after using link2sd, nothing is still actually touching my external hard drive. Link to sd recognizes all of my cards and says its linked, but I don't see a change.

I just gave up and still get the insufficient storage message on certain apps (even if its ~ 500kb) yet, I can download 40mb+ games without a problem.

I'll be getting a nexus in a month since I will be traveling a bunch though. Good luck reverb brahs

Back
Top Bottom