• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Overall experience

If you are wondering whether or not to get this phone because of all the bad vibes posted on this forum, I suggest you get it anyway. It's a forum, most people come here for support for an issue. I had activation issues, but since then it has been fine.

A few issues people talk about...

1. Signal bars jumping. I have seen this happen as well. I have had better service with the Evo than the Optimus V. I can send texts with no bars or a bar where I could not send texts with the Op V, so I'm happy. The bars do seem to jump around, but it still works so I don't know what the deal is.

2. Sprint Rebranded. Yes, the phones are older which sucks because they have been sitting on the shelf for awhile. Mine has no cosmetic issues or signs of age, which should be the norm since the phones are all new.

3. Data. I had a problem with not getting 3G initially, due to the activation issues I had. Since then, it's been good. The phone itself loads things faster than the Optimus V, so even if your 3G speeds are the same things will still load faster and you'll be reasonably happy. The 4G is fast, if you can get it. I get 1 bar of 4G at my house, none at work, and 2-3 at the mall area. So, it's iffy. When I have it though it is good.

4. Quirks. There are quirks like not being able to separate notification volume, but that is an ICS thing and not the phone. I'd rather have ICS and not an older version, so I can't complain. Plus, it's not the phone with the issues here, it's the OS.

5. Battery life. It's not bad, I have juice defender and task killer as well. I mean, it's a big screen and I'm sure that kills a lot of battery. I can only compare it to my Optimus V and it doesn't get as good battery life as that, but I think that is to be expected. I wonder if having 4G antenna on adds to killing the battery, because I leave it on since the 4G is a little spotty by me (I live on the outskirts of coverage for it).

6. Voicemail. I haven't gotten any yet, hopefully I have no issues.

Overall, I'm happy. I'm only paying $35 at the end of the day and I get a phone that does not freeze; ever. It always works and everything loads fast. The camera is good but I need to figure out the deal with working it, because the flash goes off and I take super bright pictures it seems like sometimes. I never seriously messed with it though, but I am sure there is some settings of sort. For $300, this phone is great. Screen size is on par, camera is on par, newest version of Android, pretty much anything a top notch smartphone has (like the new HTC One X or S). I suggest getting it over the iPhone. The price is right, and the price for an iPhone is not. My friend has an iPhone and he agrees as well.

its a hell of a step up from the triumph, its so smooth when transitioning between homescreens and the data speeds are doable. Its a great phone for 35 bucks a month

Back
Top Bottom