• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overclocking?

After rooting, I installed SetCPU as well as various other "Overclocking" apps.

Only a few will work for the phone, but those that do only let you set the speed to 600MHz. I thought that was stock? Do we have an underpowered Optimus or am I doing something wrong?

After rooting, I installed SetCPU as well as various other "Overclocking" apps.

Only a few will work for the phone, but those that do only let you set the speed to 600MHz. I thought that was stock? Do we have an underpowered Optimus or am I doing something wrong?
You have to have a custom kernal to be able to overclock. Now that you guys have root, custom ROMs should come along shortly. All the other Optimus models have quite a few custom ROMs. Shouldn't be that hard to convert them, especially if you guys have any devs to work on it.

I had no idea we could overclock... I haven't done such a thing since older AMD desktop processor days.. is there a heat issue as in old AMD days??

It really just depends on how much you overclock and what your processor can handle :) If you overclock *too* much it'll start to be very glitchy and randomly restart.I did this with SetCPU and it restarted every time it booted lol, luckily I had set a profile that makes it run a little slower when the USB is plugged in so all I had to do was plug it in than change it. This was on an LG Optimus V but it should work the same :)

whats one of the overclocking apps that seems to work real well, & what else would be good to do not that rooted, just trying to get to optimal performance & rid of the bloat

thanks alot i am really glad to have found this forum

whats one of the overclocking apps that seems to work real well, & what else would be good to do not that rooted, just trying to get to optimal performance & rid of the bloat

thanks alot i am really glad to have found this forum
Like I said, you need a custom kernal to overclock, so if you haven't flashed a custom ROM, you won't be able to OC. A lot of the ROMs have the OC settings built in, if not, Set CPU is a good OC app. Also CPU Boost or CPU Widget.

Back
Top Bottom