• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Overdrive Dream App! An easier way to check out books from the library.

ckim06

Jun 8, 2011
I've been working on this app that works with Overdrive web sites. Its not quite ready for release, but I would love any feedback from the screenshots below.

UPDATE: APP IS UP AT:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sImNvbS5waG9uZWdhcC5saWJyYXJ5Ym9va3NlYXJjaCJd

This app is better than the existing Overdrive app because:
  • It estimates the amount of time you have to wait on the waiting list.
    Instead of saying how many patrons are on the waiting list, the app will take that number and calculate the worst case scenario of how long it will take to be able to check out your book.
  • Search multiple libraries within your metro.
    If you live in Los Angeles, you know that there are many Overdrive systems that have different selections. This app will let you checkout from the library that has the book availible or compare wait times for the book you want.
  • Saves library card numbers
    One of the things that annoys me the most is having to take out my library card and enter this ridiculously long number to check out a book. This app will store the card number for you. For those security buffs, just uncheck the "save this card" box.

checkou.png

searchresults.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones