• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Overheating

bfldworker

Android Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2012
Tennessee
www.facebook.com
My job requires me to go outside, sometimes for hours on end. And being I life inland on the gulf coast of Florida it hits temperatures of sometimes 85-90 degrees. And I have noticed the phone slows down and when I check the CPU and battery temperature it is very high (between 110-135). I need to shut the phone off and let it sit for a bit.

Is there a case out there that can keep the phone cool?

My job requires me to go outside, sometimes for hours on end. And being I life inland on the gulf coast of Florida it hits temperatures of sometimes 85-90 degrees. And I have noticed the phone slows down and when I check the CPU and battery temperature it is very high (between 110-135). I need to shut the phone off and let it sit for a bit.

Is there a case out there that can keep the phone cool?
I live in Panama City , mother ****er!!

Upvote 0
Sounds like your processor is working hard for some reason. Have you tried 360 Security, as an example, to clear cache and shut down unused apps that might be running and causing your processor to overheat?

I thought that too, however i did check with Lookout and Malwarebytes and I found nothing. I also used autorun manager to prevent downloaded apps from starting up at boot. That is why i thought it was because of the outside heat. When I am Inside (which is air conditioned) I could run Stabilty Tester amd Boinc at the same time and i dont have that issue. It always happens outside on a typical Florida late spring day

Upvote 0
It was last week. The first time we hit 117 in Phoenix. I had my phone attached my hands-free-sucker-thing on the windshield. Of course it being in direct sunlight made it get burning hot. I grabbed it to change destination for Sat Nav, & found that I could not even hold it for more than a few seconds. It was that hot. Then I realized that everything came crawling to a halt. It rebooted three times on its own. I was just trying to make a call when while i was dialing it rebooted. WTH? Then I realized it was doing that because it was overheating. I took it out of its wannabe otterbox thick case & slide it in my shirt pocket to cool off. I could feel the heat radiating, geez! Anyway in a few minutes I was able to use it again just fine, but only after I left it off for a bout five minutes. Freaking Phoenix!

Upvote 0
It was last week. The first time we hit 117 in Phoenix. I had my phone attached my hands-free-sucker-thing on the windshield. Of course it being in direct sunlight made it get burning hot. I grabbed it to change destination for Sat Nav, & found that I could not even hold it for more than a few seconds. It was that hot. Then I realized that everything came crawling to a halt. It rebooted three times on its own. I was just trying to make a call when while i was dialing it rebooted. WTH? Then I realized it was doing that because it was overheating. I took it out of its wannabe otterbox thick case & slide it in my shirt pocket to cool off. I could feel the heat radiating, geez! Anyway in a few minutes I was able to use it again just fine, but only after I left it off for a bout five minutes. Freaking Phoenix!
Probably an Otterbox to a phone in those conditions, would be like you wearing a thick parka in 117F heat. You'd overheat as well.[emoji14]

Upvote 0
Sounds like your processor is working hard for some reason. Have you tried 360 Security, as an example, to clear cache and shut down unused apps that might be running and causing your processor to overheat?
Qihoo 360 Security might overheat it by working the processor hard, when it's phoning home all your info to Beijing and serving you ads. Seriously you don't need "free" snake-oil apps like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: good4life
Upvote 0
Probably an Otterbox to a phone in those conditions, would be like you wearing a thick parka in 117F heat. You'd overheat as well.[emoji14]
Wow, yeah, I guess I never thought of it that way. Yesterday the same conditions occurred & I should have removed the otterbox "parka" but I didn't. It slowly started acting loopy again. Next time I use it for navigation I'm taking off the case... either that or I need to find a new spot for the hands free clasp thing. Somewhere not in direct sunlight! Although, my car's windshield is HUGE for being a subcompact Fiesta. If only there was something out there we could do for cooling our phones down........

Qihoo 360 Security might overheat it by working the processor hard, when it's phoning home all your info to Beijing and serving you ads. Seriously you don't need "free" snake-oil apps like that.
Snake oil apps! Haha! Love it, man. Actually I've fallen for it before myself. I think we all have at one point or another. Though, my brother down the street has a Note 4 & he has his phone plastered with free apps some good & probably some really bad. I try to tell him to remove some, but he apparently needs them all. :thinking:

Oh BTW, here's my super thick parka sub-zero polar jacket, haha. I purposely chose a massive looking one for protection. I want this Zmax to last forever!

Attachments

• IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    376.3 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones