• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

P20 lite

tommy70

Lurker
Would like to know easiest way to root, if there's any easy way 🤔🙄 and maybe point me in right direction thanks

I'm not that tech savvy so the lingo there escapes me 😎 guess I'll read again lol
well that is why we are here. we can help try and break it down for you if you need help. main thing is read and read and then read so more first, before attempting to root it. main thing is do the research and time before diving in. and please ask questions as well here.

ok after reading. it is a bit more difficult (i think English is a 2nd language here) so understanding it is a much slower process.

@tommy70
, has your P20 Lite been updated to Pie 9.0, EMUI 9? Because the XDA posted rooting methods, are for P20 Lite with Nougat 7.0 or Oreo 8.0. And were last updated before Huawei rolled out Pie 9.0 AFAICT.

Why do you need to root it?

Nope, apparently I'm the only one in United States that seemingly didn't receive it FML ,I'm region locked in Panama so thinking that's an issue, huawei has the best phones but the most invasive manufacturer

Nope, apparently I'm the only one in United States that seemingly didn't receive it FML ,I'm region locked in Panama so thinking that's an issue, huawei has the best phones but the most invasive manufacturer

I'm interested, because I have a China variant Mate 10, and it received the Pie, EMUI 9 update notification while I was in the UK in February, which would have gone through in the UK, but I waited until I was back in Beijing to do the OS update. And it had other security patch updates when I'd been in the UK previously.

I've had the Mate 10 for over a year now. And still completely happy with it, and there's really still nothing out there that makes me want to change phones. It's not rooted, as I have no need. So can't really help you with rooting a Huawei, other than what's already posted over on XDA.

Last edited:
Well I've been told by the Panama region that being in U.S. won't affect update status but they're already beta testing the new update WTF. I wanna get rid of the huawei bloatware and prevent huawei from being so invasive and in my phone all the time.. Don't know if anyone else has this issue and I'm crazy this company is just horrible for privacy but I love the phone and don't have money for another.

So has this turned out to be a pretty decent phone? I'm almost about to purchase one from a buddy of mine that needs rebuilt. He only wants around 10 bucks for it and it's in pieces right now and needs to be rebuilt which isn't a problem for me provided it actually works.

Worth buying?

tommy70 hasn't been on the forum since posting in this thread two years ago so I doubt we'll be hearing from him.

Sorry Mulder!!- that reply wasn't directed @ tommy70 but instead directed to pretty much anyone who has used the phone. I am pretty confident that Tommy 70 is not the only P20 Lite user. :-)

I'm interested, because I have a China variant Mate 10, and it received the Pie, EMUI 9 update notification while I was in the UK in February, which would have gone through in the UK, but I waited until I was back in Beijing to do the OS update. And it had other security patch updates when I'd been in the UK previously.

I've had the Mate 10 for over a year now. And still completely happy with it, and there's really still nothing out there that makes me want to change phones. It's not rooted, as I have no need. So can't really help you with rooting a Huawei, other than what's already posted over on XDA.

I finally retired that Mate 10 last month, and replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra. But the Huawei still serves a purpose as a remote zapper for the TV and A/C, because it has an IR blaster. :thumbsupdroid:

Ok, but given that nobody has replied since Feb. I think you may have your answer either way-

But you see data never become stale and it is useful for someone to learn from. You are still not grasping this one bit. It could be 2 years 3 years 4 years down the line and someone could have this phone and come here find this thread and get the repair info needed.. or thrilled to death to be able to do something totally cool and custom with it even. All this coming from reading this thread on the firmware.

OP don't mean to shat on this thread any longer so I will leave this topic between Mulder and I at a standstill.

Back
Top Bottom