• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help P605 KitKat Update

Mutant04

Hi All,

First I hope that this is in the correct section.

After looking at the internet and the possible update to Kit Kate for the Note 10.1 for the LTE version (model P605), I found that this was finally released .

However At present only for Finland (Nordic countries).

I check Kies and OTA almost everyday but still no update available.

I have now downloaded the rather large (1.42Gb) Finland firmware file, which as the instruction say can be installed using Odin.

Now I'm pretty new to all this firmware updating so would require some help.

I have a UK Note 10.1 2014 LTE version (although I suspect it is actually a German model)

Is it possible to update to Kit Kat using the file (Finland firmware) and everything will work OK, (in English) or will I need the correct firmware file for my region model (I believe it would be Europe)?

Any help at all would be most welcome. I would try, but scared of bricking my Note 10.1

Hi!
I did exactly what you are about to do,
I downloaded the Nordic kitkat and used odin with great success.
Just follow the instructions,
1, extract the file you downloaded and place it on (for example) the desktop.
2, put your tablet in download mode by pressning the onoff and volume down buttoms and then volyme up.
3, connect your tablet to the computer and put the file you extracted to AP on odin and make sure the re partion field is NOT marked.
4, when you have the blue field on odin that make your tablet installed on odin ok and the file on AP and re partion NOT marked, press start and sit back and wait and enjoy.
I hope you understand my english and write back and tell me how it goes.
You have to run odin as administrator.

PS! I think its no problem to use what region you want as long its for sm-p605

Now have 4.4.2 (KitKat) on my P605 :).

Everything seems to be running smoothly. The unlock lag has gone. I like the re-designed Notification icons.

I was however under the impression that everything in your multi window could now also be used when using pen window. This is not the case as some multi window apps are missing still in Pen window. Although this is not a complaint as the number of apps (in both) has increased (even more now than the Note 3).

I am aware that there is an app that allows you to use all apps with multi window and pen window, although I believe this does require you to root your tablet.

All in all a nice update.

Back
Top Bottom