• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Paired but not connected? Faulty BT radio?

Raptor5150

Android Enthusiast
So I just tried connecting to my sisters nexus S 4g via Bluetooth and I got the same message from my onlive controller which I thought was just the controller..

But even in CM7 reloaded I got the same paired but not connected message.. now is this just an os issue or do I have a faulty Bluetooth radio like that guy with the car stereo?

Ill probably call up virgin mobile tell then my phones Bluetooth is faulty and wont connect to anything..

But if it pairs..isn't there some communication between the radios going on?

No response what so ever... -.- gee thanks for the support guys <.<
Would you like a response saying "I don't know"? Better not to respond than that eh? ;)

I don't have that issue when pairing with my wife's phone (Optimus V). I don't know what else to tell you. :(

You didn't go into any specifics about how you were pairing, you could have made errors in that part. It could be a faulty radio. Or it could be something wrong with both devices you were trying to pair with.

Don't know if any of that helps you, but please be considerate of others, they help when they can. Sometimes people don't know the answer. :confused:

Well discussing it to get to those answers would be nice my last thread went unnoticed about this I'm just normally pairing both from the Bluetooth menu do I need an app or something ?? This isn't rocket science I don't think lol..

I entered both pins when they showed up the nexus S (running ICS) wanted to use the triumph as an internet device which didn't work..

Well discussing it to get to those answers would be nice my last thread went unnoticed about this I'm just normally pairing both from the Bluetooth menu do I need an app or something ?? This isn't rocket science I don't think lol..

I entered both pins when they showed up the nexus S (running ICS) wanted to use the triumph as an internet device which didn't work..
Well, I don't use BT much, but I will test out connecting with my wife's phone tomorrow (send me a PM to remind me :)). You don't need any apps or anything. I remember that much. That's all the help I can give right now. I can try to help more tomorrow evening.

So I just paired to my mothers evo 3D but I could only file transfer with Bluetooth file transfer app I downloaded an mp3 from her phone successfully...does that mean it works? I just don't understand why it wont work via the Bluetooth menu.

That's all I want to know is why.. guess I'm waiting for ICS alpha

So I just paired to my mothers evo 3D but I could only file transfer with Bluetooth file transfer app I downloaded an mp3 from her phone successfully...does that mean it works? I just don't understand why it wont work via the Bluetooth menu.

That's all I want to know is why.. guess I'm waiting for ICS alpha

When I pair my MT to my MT4GS on both it says paired but not connected in the menu. I don't know why its says that though. But if a bluetooth file transfer works you should be fine.

Edit: also I can share between them via the built in bluetooth system. as in on the photo options share> bluetooth> then selecting what I'm connected to and it sends and receives fine.

Back
Top Bottom