• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PC won't recognize phone in bootloader???

filipchito

Lurker
May 10, 2015
I have a HTC One M9 that's soft bricked. I want to reflash my recovery but my PC doesn't recognize my phone while it's in bootloader, when I type "ADB Devices" in the console nothing shows up. When it's in recovery mode it works. I have all the drivers installed on my computer (and I already tried reinstalling them). I saw another thread about this same issue but I couldn't find a solution. Please help?

When you're in bootloader mode, then the utility you use to communicate with your device is fastboot and not adb.

The syntax is the same: fastboot devices.

You also might need the proper fastboot USB drivers for your phone since they could differ from the ones for adb.

There's an HTC One M9 root area I could move this thread to if you'd like where you could get advice from those that have this same device--just lemme know :).

Cheers!

Upvote 0
When you're in bootloader mode, then the utility you use to communicate with your device is fastboot and not adb.

The syntax is the same: fastboot devices.

You also might need the proper fastboot USB drivers for your phone since they could differ from the ones for adb.

There's an HTC One M9 root area I could move this thread to if you'd like where you could get advice from those that have this same device--just lemme know :).

Cheers!
wow thanks now I feel like an idiot I spent so much time trying to figure this out. You're a life saver!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones